Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are house moves free or not?

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Are house moves free or not?

Some time ago my daughter moved house and it went very smoothly and was done free of charge.

A friend who I recommended to PlusNet a little while ago is in the middle of moving house and I had told her that moves were free provided, I imagined, that no infrastructure work was required. Unfortunately circumstances have forced her to move out of her house before she is able to move into the new property and this has been handled by way of a deferred activation.

She has told me that she is being charged for the move and forced to take out a new contract. Her choices were either to pay £111.00 to cancel completely or the alternative, which she chose, was to pay £65 and start a new 2 year contract.

Are house moves now being charged for by PlusNet?

6 REPLIES 6
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Are house moves free or not?

For as long as I've known house moves cost money, though Plusnet will normally waive them if a new contract is taken out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

As I understand it, she has been charged and taken out a new contract.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / BIlling

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @longedge, thanks for getting in touch. As @pjmarsh advised, if we re-contract someone during a house move then we usually cover the cease and set-up charge at both the old and new address (This not covering any additional costs if a new line need placing). I'd recommend then so we can take a look into this for your daughter further to advise her to either get in touch on here, our Facebook/Twitter support channels or by giving our customer service team a call so we can make sure she's been charged correctly. Our residential support team can be reached on 0800 432 0200 and they're available from 08:00 - 20:00 Monday - Sunday.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

Not that it matters but my daughter moved some years ago now and there was no charge.

This post refers to a friend who is in the process of moving. Her new property has an existing like for like service with better connectivity/speeds so no problem there.

The thing that threw me was that my daughter's move was free of charge and I was therefore surprised that my friend had been charged £65 and also forced to start a new 2 year contract.

Obviously my daughter was lucky 😊.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

My apologies for my last reply @longedge as it's your friend I'd advise getting in touch so we can look into this further for them and make sure they've been charged correctly. Something doesn't sound quite right with the arranged house move as you've hinted which is why I'd let to try get to the bottom of this for them.