Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting my number after i received the SIM

boyderoo

porting my number after i received the SIM

OK I'm moving to PLusnet  after poor coverage and signal with Virgin Mobile 

I will not cancel my virgin contract until i have received my plusnet SIM

My question is 

if i have submitted my virgin PAC code on the plusnet application,  then if my Sim takes longer than 2 days to arrive, or is delayed , will my phone still work with virgin until i cancel the virgin contract ?

or should i request a sim without giving a pac number  and then get it ported after  I receive the random number sim from plusnet ?

Many Thanks

Boyd 

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: porting my number after i received the SIM

if i have submitted my virgin PAC code on the plusnet application,  then if my Sim takes longer than 2 days to arrive, or is delayed , will my phone still work with virgin until i cancel the virgin contract ?

No, using your PAC will initiate the port and cancel your virgin contract, so if the sim doesnt arrive, your phone won't work

or should i request a sim without giving a pac number  and then get it ported after  I receive the random number sim from plusnet ?

Yes, the sim is sent normal post, so given the inconsistency of delivery times at the moment, I'd suggest this is the best way to avoid not having a working phone

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

To avoid any possible complication or porting issues, I always wait until after receiving the new provider's SIM, and activating their service, before submitting the PAC to the new provider.

No reason not to obtain a PAC though because they are valid for 30 days.

As MrW writes the Virgin service will terminate when the porting process starts/completes.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @boyderoo, there's no problem at all if you want to sign up for a SIM first and once that's received you can give us the PAC and we'll port the number over for you at that stage. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team