cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting For 2 Weeks For My Number To Port

Lorraine12
Hooked

Waiting For 2 Weeks For My Number To Port

Exactly as I said in the title. Is anyone else having the same experience? I was told by a manager this is a huge issue affecting a lot of customers who are switching to them. Why then is Plusnet not providing updates to its customers if it's such a huge issue? I am losing business every day as am self employed. It's horrendous and I have told friends who are considering changing to look elsewhere. I have been compensated by being give my first month free (£10 a month package) but this doesn't help much when I'm losing  work and I cannot tell people for how long to contact me on my temporary number and I can't tell them either when my new number will be working. This is not a great thing to have to say and it makes me look unreliable.

No one at Plusnet can tell me when this is going to be resolved . I gave plusnet my puk code on Sunday 26 June.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

9 REPLIES 9
Ronnyuk

Re: Waiting For 2 Weeks For My Number To Port

Hi Lorraine,

I have been without any service from PlusNet for a week now, so no data/phone/texts and they say this is effecting many people, I imagine my issues are the same as what is causing your number to not port.

No one will tell me when my service will come back on as my SIM is "pending" but I can assure you that as soon as my number is working again I am leaving this truly awful company and going back to a non MVNO provider.

Good luck Smiley

Lorraine12
Hooked

Hi

Thanks for replying. Can anyone from Plusnet provide an update on this issue? My last provider was TalkTalk, with a very active forum where staff did respond to live issues.  I've probably had about 5 providers in the time I've owned a mobile and have never experienced anything like this. My number has always ported over in a couple of days. The manager said EE was responsible for the problem, and not Plusnet. I hope EE are being sanctioned because if this isn't fixed tomorrow I will get back on to Plusnet and ask for compensation.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Lorraine12!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm extremely sorry to hear about the delay with your port-in, this is certainly not our usual high standard of service that we provide and we'll work hard to put this right for you!

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete. I understand that this has not been the case for you and I'm extremely sorry for the delay with this process.

In rare circumstances, if there is a delay with the port-in, it will be raised with our Operations Team to investigate further; we do advise of a 5 working day response to allow the Team to perform a thorough investigation and come to a resolution.

Rest assured Lorraine12, the Team will be working hard to resolve this for you. In the meantime, If you can send me a Private Message, I'll certainly check for any updates with this.

- Rebeka 

Lorraine12
Hooked

I wanted to post an update on this situation. I phoned up on Tuesday 11 July and spoke to a customer representative called [CSA Removed]. He was really helpful and said he would put my case on his watch list, I couldn't log into the forum to private message Rebeka, as she had requested, so he came in an hour early than his shift began the next day to speak to Rebeka. But still, I have no idea what the problem actually is, all anyone can tell me is this is being dealt with by the operations team and they are working to fix it as quickly as they can. I feel sorry for the staff because a situation like this should not be happening for this long and I suspect they are tired and under-resourced. I continue to lose business and the only compensation I have received from Plusnet after waiting 2 and a 1/2 weeks for my number to port is my first month free. [CSA Removed] did say he would look into compensation for me but this situation should not be dependent on the goodwill of one employee putting himself out and coming in earlier than his shift starts to contact me. There should be a proper system in place to deal with this kind of issue and to compensate customers affected by the week. Yesterday, matters reached a head for me. My Mum was taken ill (luckily at her GP's surgery) but they could not reach me on the contact number they had for me which was my former mobile number (which I have had for the past 18 years). It was a situation that happened out of the blue and I have been loathe to phone people and give them the temporary number in case my new number does suddenly port across. I am heartbroken that I was not contactable yesterday until I reached my home and heard my landline voicemail and then went to the local A&E. I am just so angry right now. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation but yesterday was the last straw for me. I am now going to write to the CEO because I just don't have the willingness now to talk to any more members of staff because they cannot tell me what the problem is, or when it will be resolved.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Lorraine12,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm extremely sorry to hear about this and I completely understand the situation. I can assure you that this is has been raised and the Team are working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

It's rare that a port is delayed, but if it does extend beyond it's usual time frame, it's automatically raised and treated with the highest of priority. 

I know this is frustrating, especially when we're unable to provide you with a timescale however, I wouldn't want to provide you with false expectations as to when this may process. 

If you need anything at all Lorraine12, don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we'll do our best.

- Rebeka 

Ledgerca
Hooked

Hi Lorraine,

I too am suffering the same issue and am getting extremely annoyed with the poor customer service offered by this company.

I have contacted BBC Watchdog, in the hope that if enough people do the same, they can highlight what an awful service PlusNet Mobile are providing.  To see my reports on this forum, please take a look at the following thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/PlusNet-Mobile-Number-Porting-Terrible-Service-and-poor-custome...

Lorraine12
Hooked

Thanks for your message and I'm sorry you are experiencing such poor service from Plusnet which seems to be a company that lets customers down and doesn't keep its promises. Last night I emailed Andy Baker and guess what? It's now 12.30 and no one even has the politeness to acknowledge my complaint and respond to it. If no response is forthcoming in two working days I shall be leaving a review for plusnet online detailing my experience and complaining to offcom. Watchdog is also an excellent idea I used to work for the programme and they still do good work so I will get in touch with them too. I also have been promised compensation, and updates every couple of days , neither of which have materialised. My business is being affected, my Mum's surgery couldn't get in touch with me when she was taken ill because my number still hadn't ported. Today I am trying to organise a house move and because I don't know when my number will port I'm having to give two mobile numbers to the company explaining that I don't know which number I'll have in two weeks time. I have NEVER, experienced a situation this poor with a phone company. I am angry and I don't want another message from Rebeka telling me it's a priority and that this is not Plusnet's usual high  standard because that's what I've been told for the past three weeks and still nothing happens and no one sorts out the problem. It is not OK to tell customers you can't give them a date when their number will port because you don't want to disappoint them. You already have! If i ran my business like this I wouldn't have any customers left.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

Lorraine12
Hooked

I've tried to respond to your message but my post isn't appearing. Can the moderator please post my response?

Lorraine12
Hooked

As my last post still hasn't appeared I will try again. I emailed Andy Baker last night, at the time of writing no one from his office has bothered to respond to my email or even acknowledge it. I was promised compensation by a manager if 'this went into a second week'. It's now three weeks and no one has contacted me about that. I am self-employed, can't give clients a permanent number because I don't know how long I will have my current number for and when my old one will port. I was promised updates every two days - these have not materialised. If this isn't resolved withing the next two days I will be contacting ofcom, and leaving a trustpilot review and I will also contact watchdog and I hope others do the same.