cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number - split port?

beetnik
Grafter

Transferring number - split port?

I provided a PAC from my old provider on Friday 2/12 and my old SIM stopped working this morning. I've loaded up the new Plusnet SIM and can make outgoing calls using the number ported across (i.e. my old number). However, anyone calling me gets a message 'You've dialled an incorrect number. Please check the number and try again.'

Customer service rep says to expect this as part of the transfer process and it will correct itself but reading up elsewhere it appears that this may be what's known as a 'split port' and that it won't be rectified without Plusnet calling for the transfer files again - i.e. reactivating the PAC.

I've ported my number many times in the past and soemtimes been without service for a short while but when it's been restored it's always had both incoming and outgoing calls reactivated.

Can someone with a bit more technical knowledge than me comment?

Tags (2)
23 REPLIES 23
Yanni
Hooked

Re: Transferring number - split port?

My number has also been unavailable for a whole day now.  According to the info given, there may be a 'short interruption' in service while the number is ported.  A day is not what I call short?

Ian

beetnik
Grafter

After a 25 minute call to support this morning and some testing during the day I've got full service late this afternoon. Frustrating but we've got there. Don't know what the solution was as I was collecting data requested for a call back when normal service was resumed.

Yanni
Hooked

Mine has finally completed.  I have had a number unavailable for almost 36 hours.  Hardly a 'short time'.  Please manage expectations better Plusnet!

Ian

denwyn
Rising Star

Admire your patience in this, mine has been off since 2pm, no explanation at all, called them using landline, not able to sort it, so I sorted it myself by cancelling contract. Expected teething trouble, but not like this, lack of communication from them doesn't help. Looking for new provider now, will just use new number, as don't trust Plusnet to get my ported number back. They need to sort out communication and there service.

Yanni
Hooked

I have been with Plusnet for 13 years.  Their service is exemplary.  This is a hiccough and I am sure they will get better.  I only wish they had been a bit better at managing my expectations.  The offer is brilliant and will work for me no problem.  It is a shame I ported at the same time I needed the phone most, due to a family bereavement.  Still, we are there now and I expect the top class support I am used to with Plusnet.  Colour me annoyed but realistic.

Ian

denwyn
Rising Star

I to have been with Plusnet Internet for about 7 years, 3 of those on fibre with no complaints at all, and very few problems. Losing the mobile signal today was extremely frustrating, if I had been told before had as promised that the porting would take so long I could have made other arrangements, but not a word was received. Even on speaking with them they gave no indication when porting would be complete. This gave me no confidence in the New Mobile section at all. I just think they have given little thought to getting it organised at all. I've had different answers off them to same questions. It may be I've been hasty, but I have no faith with Plusnet Mobile at all. Have sorted out similar sim deal which is tried and tested. 

zzincubus
Hooked

I am having the same issue now for the past 30 hours.

Two calls to customer services and performing the required diagnostic calls, I have been told the investigation can take 5 working days. So that is 5 more days with no possibility of receiving texts, calls and no mobile data. Do I get this time taken off my bill, half the service for half the charge Huh

I also have various services that require two factor authentication and I am now unable to use these services (including HMRC which I really need at the moment).

Not impressed this investigation will take 5 working days to complete. Carrier web sites still show my number as being with O2, Telefonica UK.

Please help !!!!

zzincubus
Hooked

Still waiting .... not the best of starts is it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zzincubus,

I do apologise for the delay you’re experiencing at the moment with your port in. If this a split port which you’re currently dealing with, the reason we have to advise up to 5 working days for this to be resolved is, because we need to contact your previous provider to get all the relevant information to complete the process.

If you’d like me to look into this for you further, and to discuss any compensation once the port has completed feel free to send me a Private Message.

zzincubus
Hooked

Still waiting for the port to actually fully work and SIM is still registered to O2.

Untitled.png

zzincubus
Hooked

No change in the situation, customer support absolutely horrendous in sorting this issue out. Over 7 days with not being able to receive texts/calls, and over the 5 working days.

Tags (2)
shdoubleu
Hooked

I've had a similar issue.

Started the porting process on Thursday (12/1/17), received an email and text to say it was in progress.

Friday afternoon it seemed to happen. But since then, I cannot receive phone calls from any mobiles. I can receive calls from a landline though, which seems bizarre. I have no problems with texts.

Is this a 'split port'?

On contacting customer services on Sunday evening, the agent offered to send me a new SIM card (which hasn't yet arrived) but I now feel this was a fob off. 

Can you help?

sparks77

I've been waiting 6 days already only to discover tonight that Plusnet didn't ask me all the relevant questions last week so they didn't pass it to EE technical support!!

Plusnet did try to call me to let me know of course!! On the number that doesn't receive calls!!!  Seriously!  Whatever happend to good old emails to let me know something had gone wrong.

They now have to start the whole process again which guess what!!  Another 5 working days without any incoming calls!!

I can't even get another PAC code and move as if I do I will probably lose my number altogether!

I've been a Plusnet customer for many years,  Maybe not for much longer now!  Sort it out Plusnet.  I would have expected this kind of service from the Likes of Vodaphone or Talktalk but not Plusnet.

zzincubus
Hooked

@sparks77 ... I seriously couldn't take it any longer so have cancelled my account (within the 14 days) and I'm now in the process of moving back to O2.

If the number is lost then complaint going to OFCOM about this as I have the number for over 14 years. The number is still registered as being with O2 so hopefully as O2 are a real mobile carrier they can sort this Plusnet/EE mess out.

Plusnet thanks for absolutely nothing ;-(