Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query re: 2GB extra mobile data for broadband users

ashn
Dabbler

Query re: 2GB extra mobile data for broadband users

Hi,

We're thinking of signing up for Plusnet broadband - my understanding is that normally entitles users to an extra 2GB of mobile data.

The broadband would be in a different first name though to my mobile account - could I still get the extra 2GB? I could give details of the broadband account at the same address.

Thanks for any help/advice with this.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 400

Re: Query re: 2GB extra mobile data for broadband users

Hi @ashn  you can find the details on 'mates rates' for mobile here https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mates-rates-guide/

The significant part is extracted below

'You can register up to 5 mobile accounts on Mates Rates. These can be registered in anyone's name so long as they live at the same address as where your broadband is registered. All you’ll need is your broadband account details so that we can confirm you are an existing customer'

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

molerat
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I have a similar question.  I am currently a broadband and mobile customer and am getting mates rates on my current 30 day contract.  If I upgrade on line will the 2GB automatically be added to the new contract ?

molerat
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Phoned this morning and changed contract, didn't want to risk any hassle.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @molerat.

We're sorry for the delay in getting back to you but are pleased that you've now managed to speak to an advisor and have things in hand.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.