cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Diasaster

Dan1111

Porting Diasaster

I've ordered 2 new SIMs last week from Plusnet online.  I also requested PAC transfer.  5 days later and the cards are still in the post, but the numbers have transferred over.  My wife and daughter now have dead phones and there's absolutely NOTHING we can do.  I cannot believe that the number can be ported without the acknowledgement of receipt of a new SIM.  Called Plusnet. Told this is policy.  Also told it's impossible to unwind.  WHO INVENTED THIS NONSENSE?  Oh, they did suggest one thing: they could send out new SIM cards!!!  Another thing they said: I shouldn't have requested the porting til I had the new SIM in my hand!!!!!  With hindsight, a good plan - thanks for not telling me. Also with hindsight, why did I ever get involved with Plusnet. EVER.  We currently have 4 family accounts with Plusnet.  I'm cancelling them all. They're cheap for a reason.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Annaxlee

Re: Porting Diasaster

Just had exactly the same thing happen. I had no idea that it would port my number over to the new SIM yet to arrive within 2 days of signing up for the SIM, I assumed it would only transfer once I’d activated the new SIM which I wasn’t planning on doing until my current contract ended. I currently can’t send or receive any calls or texts which in these times is worrying, especially as I live alone and don’t know how long I’m going to be in this position for. I’m also going to be charged for an early disconnection fee from Virgin because of this, so not the happiest at the moment.
Dan1111

Hi Anna

Thanks for confirming the madness. 2 weeks on and I STILL don't have the Sim!  Utter disastrous shambles. I can't close the account and walk away because then I'll lose the number.  

Mark86

I have the same problem myself. I ordered my sim on the 23rd of May, on 27th of May I got an email to say everything was completed successfully, only problem I didn't receive my new plusnet sim card. I phoned plusnet and they told me I should have recieved it by now and that they would resend another new sim card. It's now the 4th of June an still no sim card and unable to use my phone. What a complete shambles.
Dan1111

Thanks Mark - I've been waiting now since 13 May! No number all this time (for my daughter's phone). There's a simple solution to this (PLUSNET PLEASE NOTE).  Porting shouldn't take place until the customer confirms receipt of the SIM.  This should be industry-wide.