Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

alan659882
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

Yes, I cancelled the direct debit when the previous bill was paid.

Wasn't actually expecting a refund.

I have a mobile App (Santander), but it gets all the way through the 'deposit a cheque' procedure then says "Poor image quality".

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@alan659882   try resting the phone on something steady if you don't have a stand or similar to try and get a better picture, assuming that is you have a decent camera on the phone and the lens is nice and clean.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

TSB app refused to scan it saying it couldn't read the amount (on a printed cheque?!) my Starling app scanned it fine.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
alan659882
Rising Star

It scans it fine, and displays the correct date & amount without any input from me.

But won't go any further.

Anyhoo .. I think I can just drop it in at the post office, we'll see how that goes.

peterhr
Rising Star

[quote]

I have left Plusnet after a long time (Original Life mobile customer) and moved to 1pMobile without any issues.

The final bill from Plusnet showed me £2.74 in credit and they sent me a cheque!

Well, I didn't expect that, not sure even how to pay a cheque in to my account these days.[/quote]

I was with them when they first started dial up service on 9600 baud modem - Last part of leaving will be 3rd July.

Have had an email telling me they are going to charge me £6.67 for leaving my contract 2 weeks early - I hope they will refund me any subscription balance.

as for the mobile refund - had they got an area in the mobile my account space that asked what to do with the account balance - pay to bank sort code / account, etc, i'd have been quite happy to have ticked a box for charity donantion (cancer, kids, etc)

derbyjon
Dabbler

I'm thinking of moving to 1p.

A couple of things I'm not sure about, would appreciate if anyone could clarify:

1) If you choose a bundle (e.g. 4GB for £7.50) does that automatically renew each month or do you have to remember to apply it manually each time?

2) Automatic top-ups. Can you disable these? I'd also be moving kids over and if they exhaust their bundle I want their data to stop, not me be charged potentially unlimited auto top-ups.

3) "To keep your account and SIM active, just make at least one £10 top-up every 120 days." Do boosts count towards that £10 or do you have to add to the cash balance every 120 days?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I am a 1p customer, but have their "Talker" package and can't answer your questions.

I would contact them and ask. I have e-mailed them in the past and received a quick and knowledgeable response.

03333 442278, Monday to Friday,is the contact number .   

I can't find or remember the e-mail address, sorry.

https://www.1pmobile.com/contact-us?dept=pre

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

on 1p the boosts are recurring, if I look at the the  sim that I activated today I see this:

CleanShot 2023-07-01 at 11.10.55@2x.png

The other sims are the same.

2) I don't have any other top up active - so nothing to cancel.

3) The boost renew adds a top up and then uses that top up to pay for the boost - so it counts.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Enel

I decided after some thought, to go with the £6 EE deal. There were a few problems encountered with the signing up process, but eventually it worked, and I received an email from EE acknowledging my order and porting details, with the promise that my current number would be transferred within one working day. A few days later the sim arrived and I waited for porting to happen. When after a couple of days it hadn’t transferred, I tried to contact EE, but couldn’t get to speak to a human, so I started the porting process again with their automated system. After three days I got my old number back. Today I have discovered that EE are charging me an additional £50 on my first bill! No explanation for this other than it being brought forward from my last bill. (What last bill?) I’ve never been a customer of EE before! Again, unable to speak to a human, I’ve requested a PAC. My time with EE will be short I reckon.

Mustrum
Community Veteran

@Enel  the £50 is a deposit in case you rack up roaming charges, and can be removed/refunded if you don't want it and get in touch with the mobile support team.

As for porting, that will not start until after you activate the new sim, and normally happens within 24 hours, but not at a weekend or bank holiday.

The EE forum can be quite helpful if you have any issues, although no one has account access unlike this forum.

Smith7
All Star
Fixes: 3

Now Lyca uses EE USwitch now states  " Uses EE's Network "

There is a very good deal 6GB U/L U/L for £4.90 per month £2.38 for the first 3 months on USwitch

EU roaming included if required 

Well worth looking at now EE

Enel

Thanks Mustrum. I had one of those tedious chatbot sessions with someone (God knows where) from EE, and it appears that the £50 charge is to do with my credit worthiness! This rang alarm bells for me, so I checked with a couple of rating agencies and all was well. I have a hunch that this is something to do with an application I made for a phone deal with EE some years ago, and was rejected because Equifax had me down as not on the electoral roll (I was). Although this was corrected, I suspect that EE still regard me as dodgy! C’est la vie. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran

@Enel   no, nothing to do with your previous service, it is just EE's standard approach for new PAYG customers. Just give CS a call - it can be removed.

Smith7
All Star
Fixes: 3

Anyone on RWG PAYG they are giving double on any top up's in July 

It works I put in £10 this morning and received £20 credit on my spare/back up phone

4159549_1.jpg

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Looking at Lyca's offerings - does anybody know if they use full EE signal or limited like PN? Also do they have any additional features like VoLTE, wifi calling, shortcodes?