Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile and Shout

FIXED
xswitchback
Grafter

Plusnet Mobile and Shout

Does Plusnet Mobile charge for text messages to Shout? https://giveusashout.org/

I'm on a data plan that includes unlimited texts and minutes, but I have no additional funds and can't tell whether I'm being charged or not. 

5 REPLIES 5
iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet Mobile and Shout

Plusnet dont support the "short code" call/txt format so I doubt it will work

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

@xswitchback exactly what @iannewson said, the network doesn't support short codes so you are unable to send one, which I can imagine is frustrating.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
xswitchback
Grafter

Thanks for your responses.

I was actually able to use the short code, it just warned me during my text that I may be charged. Shout themselves class themselves as a free to use service, so I ignored the warning and send it through. It actually worked fine and initiated a chat.

Now I'm just wondering if it was indeed 'free' and if I'm going to get an additional on my usual data plan. It doesn't look like it counted towards my unlimited texts checking the number on my Plusnet app.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @xswitchback whilst I am surprised you could do it, I am also glad you could. Can you pop me your mobile number via PM and I will see if you were charged for it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
xswitchback
Grafter

Special thank you @willcutforth for investigating and clearing things up for me.

For anyone else looking for the same answer, I don't appear to have been charged for my use of this service and the short code required for access DOES work. So Plusnet users can access Shout.

I'll still keep an eye on my account in case anything changes by my next billing period, but so far it looks like everything's in order.