cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Block SIM and Request New One

winnie710
Dabbler

I posted the message below on Friday and have still yet to receive any response. I'm 94, live alone and vulnerable. I need to be able to use my mobile so please can someone reply to me. I may have to think about cancelling my contract if Plusnet can't help me.

Hello,

I'm 94 years old, have just been discharged from hospital but have lost my phone. The hospotal are unable to locate it so I have ordered a new one. However, I need to cancel the existing Plusnet SIM to stop anyone else using it. I also need to request a new SIM be issued to me (mine is a larger SIM, not a micro one) .

I am deaf so unable to call customer services. When I tried the webchat, it appeared to be automated and directed me back to phoning customer services. This is my last resort so hoping that someone from Plusnet can contact me from here.

Thank you.

Winnie
3 REPLIES 3
winnie710
Dabbler

Hello,

I'm 94 years old, have just been discharged from hospital but have lost my phone. The hospotal are unable to locate it so I have ordered a new one. However, I need to cancel the existing Plusnet SIM to stop anyone else using it. I also need to request a new SIM be issued to me (mine is a larger SIM, not a micro one) . 

I am deaf so unable to call customer services. When I tried the webchat, it appeared to be automated and directed me back to phoning customer services. This is my last resort so hoping that someone from Plusnet can contact me from here.  

Thank you.

Winnie

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Need to Block SIM and Request New One

Moderators Note

Topics merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Need to Block SIM and Request New One

Hello @winnie710,

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your phone and for the delay in replying to your post.

I would be happy to block the Sim and order a new one for you, please can you private message me the following and I will get right on it;

-The mobile number in question.

-Your full name.

-Your full address including postcode.

-Can you confirm you are the account holder?

-Date of birth.

-The last two digits of the bank account number and sort code that paid the bill.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team