cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Mobile Data

DazT
Hooked

NO Mobile Data

New customer, started to use SIM yesterday when port happened.

No data Service, spoke to CS last night and on-line chat this morning, on going issue which they can not tell me when its going be resolved !

Would not recommend giving PlusNet any business until this is resolved. I'm still within my 14 days and have a funny feeling I'm not going to make it past the 14 days due to this problem.

Just what is the point of having a smart mobile device without a mobile data service to it ! Ironically I only came across to PlusNet because of the 4G as my previous provider couldn't give me 4G.

Talk about been disappointed !

15 REPLIES 15
CDavman
Hooked

Re: NO Mobile Data

I'm in the same boat too. Received plusnet sim on Friday as a new customer. My number ported across successfully yesterday, but I've got no data connection. I suspected I may have this issue when I was using the sim with the original number over the weekend, and could not get a data connection then.

I've tried everything I've seen on this forum, but with no luck.

Ordinarily I would have confirmed everything was working before porting my number, but I needed to get the port request in ASAP in order to not roll over to a new billing month with my old provider. I'm regretting this decision now, as from reading the forum this issue clearly affects many users and it's not clear whether it's a plusnet network issue or a sim issue.

If I were to request a new sim does anyone know what the process is? Do they count my current one as faulty/ lost and disable it i.e am I likely to be without a working sim at all until the replacement arrives? What about transferring number to new sim?

epicmcd
Dabbler

Yep, same here, I ordered 3 sims, 2 ports worked successfully, the third has no data connection and they cant tell me when it will be fixed.

DazT
Hooked

Noticed a few people saying that they have data now.

I'm still without, had the phone powered down and up a couple of times to see if this does the trick but still no data signal. Have just sent a priate message to one of the staff to see if they can help.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

We have been working closely with our supplier overnight and the configuration issue which left a small number of customers unable to access data services has been fixed. We sincerely apologise for the lack of data during this time and we'll be contacting and refunding all customers who have been affected by this. 

We really appreciate your patience during this time.

- Rebeka 

DazT
Hooked

Well after been told there had been a fix put into place on Thursday, my data was still not working ! So I was told I was going to need a new simply card. Well my replacement sim came this morning. And the simple has been activated and voice and texts working fine on replacement simply but still no data. Been told it's been flagged to be looked at, and was basically told that department don't work weekends so it will be Monday before someone can look at it !

It's now becoming a big Joke, they don't seem to be bothered in wanting solve my problem !

DazT
Hooked

Well there was still no data this morning, so phone and requested my PAC code so I could move on. Been and got another sim from Virgin this afternoon with is another virtual network on EE, there sim card straight into my galaxy s7 worked straight away with 4G data ! Number port will happen next couple of days.

Strange thing is, didn't want to miss any calls on my normal number so put the plusnet sim into a old galaxy s4 handset and the 4G data worked straight away ! So in the end the data was working or it started to when I swapped handsets ?Huh
Ahh well too late now anyway, they still need to get this issue sorted.
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@DazT So the problem was actually your handset (probably the APN setting) not Plusnet since it works fine in your back up phone.

DazT
Hooked

NO nothing wrong with my handset, was working fine on vodaphone prior to trying plusnet and it's now working fine on Virgin. The APN settings were checked numerous times during the course of last week and found to set right, but the network wasn't allowing me a data signal.
Colin_Maybe
Pro

Is it just me or are a lot of the problems people have are because they've come from Vodafone?

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I do believe it is, to some degree.

I've got an old Vodaphone Smart 858 (don't ask!!), unlocked (but also rooted), though sadly it's somewhere out of sight atm.

I posted about the Vodaphone file on iPhones (I think you did too), but nobody to my knowledge has mentioned any such file on an Android phone.

IF I can find it I'll see if there's any files/folders on this - no guarantees it'll ever be found.

Having said that, I don't have a PN sim and in honesty doubt I ever will.

Colin_Maybe
Pro

@DS There are no folders on the Android OS after using Vodafone (to my knowledge) but I wonder if it's old APN's causing problems, possibly a reach I know. I've actually got a Vodafone Smart Ultra but I unlocked it via ebay straight off and never put a Vodafone sim in it.

I've deleted every single APN except for the PN one although I've never had an issue with the data anyway.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Colin_Maybe I have to agree, based on other forum posts where they've mentioned Vodaphone, that existing APNs appear to be the reason (or at least one of them).

It's just when others state they've removed existing APNs that throws doubt in to this theory

(obviously the above is based on the Android OS)

Another thought of mine, as wild as it seems, could be down to what version of Android OS the phone is on prior to the switch to PN.

We've already (almost) proven that iOS and Vodaphone files seem to be the reason for iPhones etc.

btw, I've had others searching high and low for that phone - it was only used for a year when it was first launched - and it's not been found Sad

newcomerhere
Dabbler

Hi.colin
No data with iPhone 5s previously on contract with vodaphone. What is the fix please? Two months in,second sim, still no data
DazT
Hooked

Don't think its a Vodafone issue. My handset which had no data working is a Samsung Galaxy S7 which is a unlocked handset which was originally supplied by 3 as it shows the 3 logo when starting the handset, I had a TalkTalk sim card in it which is a virtual on Vodafone and worked fine no problems, saying that the data service on talktalk is only 3G and not 4G. I'm no longer with Plusnet and cancelled within the 14days due to the problems with no data and ported on to Virgin which is a virtual on EE the same as Plusnet, there was some teething problems with my port but have now been sorted and virgin is working fine with NO data issues whatsoever with the 4G. So obvisually no issues with my handset as some were implying.

As far as i can gather since porting away and I had a port issue moving on from the plusnet side of the port, plusnet are not direct with EE and use a 3rd party virtual company called Transatel who were slow in sorting my split service port when I left.