cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 week and still waiting for number port to happen

MrHopeful
Hooked

1 week and still waiting for number port to happen

Plusnet were meant to action my number port on Friday 13th, today I am still waiting.

Despite hours of wasted time on phone to customer services no one actually takes any action.

All I have had is a series of excuses and the a manager will call you back in 48hrs nonsense, that call back never happened.

When even the CEO Mr Baker doesn't follow through with a commitment in an email that someone from his team would call back me back it tells you something about the culture within an organisation.

If you are reading this as research about choosing a mobile network, don't even think of signing up.

On the other hand if you are looking for a job it looks good, it would appear you get paid for doing nothing!

Beginning to lose hope....

14 REPLIES 14
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: 1 week and still waiting for number port to happen

Hello David! That's far from the ideal customer experience we're trying to deliver, so I'm sorry to hear this.

Our procedure for 48-hour senior management escalations is handled by a dedicated team, and they will do all they can to make sure you get the service we strive for. I'll be more than happy to look into this and follow it through for you.
It's very likely we've already tried to get back in touch with you, so, to confirm your details, I'll send you a private message in a moment, then I'll make sure there's no crossed wires, and you're correctly contacted as you were promised.

And of course we always appreciate feedback, so thank you. Smiley

peegee28
Dabbler

I have been waiting two weeks and no comfort provided that it will be resolved anytime soon. Nobody helps on this forum either Sad

So angry and like you, also warning to people out there
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's not great, peegee28.

Number ports aren't quite as simple a process as they might seem, involving a large number of steps and multiple teams from separate network services. Of course, high volumes of transfers do get completed all the time, but if a problem does occur, that can take a little investigation and some time to send through again, as it's important to take steps to avoid losing the number.

I'm sorry if you've not had an update yet, it likely means that we've escalated this further and are waiting on a response, but if you'd like to click on my name and send me a message with your account information, I'll be happy to confirm what's happening for you.

We'll get you informed, and your port completed, as quickly as possible - please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disruption you've had in the meantime.

zzincubus
Hooked

All lip service ... Plusnet have been zero help to assist with my split port. Absolutely horrendous customer service!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zzincubus

I'm extremely sorry to hear if this has been the case. Without any specific account information, I'm unable to advise further; but if you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll investigate this and provide any information I can! -Ashleigh

zzincubus
Hooked

@Anonymous, this has defiantly been the case and my account has been cancelled because of the ongoing issue (10+ days with no reception of calls/sms). Will gladly provide account details but will only for compensation discussions, so I do not have to follow up with OFCOM.

Hopefully Plusnet have not completely messed my number up so that it can be moved back to O2 (fingers crossed for today).

MrHopeful
Hooked

An update for anyone who is not totally bored with this fiasco...

No surprises, yet again Plusnet have not followed through on a commitment given by a member of the Help Team on this forum to update me on progress

Is there anyone in Plusnet prepared to take ownership of my number port and finally make it happen?

If there is I would really appreciate some real communication from them, not more of the same old rhetoric that has been repeated many times on the multitude of threads on here about number porting issues.

Still hoping...
MrHopeful
Hooked

Today, could there be a surprise update...no chance, I am still waiting!

I have telephoned Ofcom who cannot do anything, you have to wait for Plusnet to resolve the issue (so ensure that you have made it an official complaint), if after 8 weeks they have not resolved the issue, you can raise it with CISAS.

Ofcom did say that if Plusnet give you a commitment then they would expect them to follow through on that, so log all the detail so that you can inform CISAS if you can be bothered with this nonsense for 8 weeks.

I have also emailed the BBC watchdog program with an account of the whole fiasco. I would encourage others to do the same, perhaps a more public eye on this will elicit some action.

The email address for BBC watchdog is watchdog@bbc.co.uk

Shame there isn't a version of Rogue Traders for large companies...surely this cannot be legal in the UK.

peegee28
Dabbler

Great idea MrHopeful. I will give it a week before I follow the BBC Watchdog route - has to be illegal what is being done here Sad

MrHopeful
Hooked

And the latest update is...there is no update!

Just had an email from Plusnet complaints team with an update telling me there is no update!

Plusnet are in contravention of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, this act requires service suppliers to provide the service in a reasonable time, waiting 2 weeks to complete a number port is not reasonable.

Why is no one in the senior management team at Plusnet doing anything to resolve this?

MrHopeful
Hooked

Had enough of the endless pathetic corporate nonsense from Plusnet, just requested my PAC code.

Good Luck to those who are still waiting for their original number to be pulled out of the ether.

The man formerly known as MrHopeful

MrHopeful
Hooked

Amazingly Plusnet finally managed to complete my number port yesterday....

So I phoned today to ask for my PAC code and they can't give me one!

Same old nonsense of no reasonable explanation why they cannot give me a PAC code and no commitment to a time frame, just a commitment to phone back tomorrow....

Just like before I will believe it when I see it!

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@MrHopeful

Report them to OFCOM as failure to give a PAC code IMMEDIATELY when you call is a breach of their OFCOM license. http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/PAC 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MrHopeful,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If a customer wishes to receive their PAC Code, legally we're not able to refuse this. However, at the time of your request; there may have been an error generating the PAC Code, especially if your number has only just moved across. Rest assured, if this is the case, we can raise it further and ensure the PAC is generated manually. 

If you could send me a private message with your details, I'll certainly look into this for you. -Ashleigh