cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Yes I am" a PlusNet member... so by inference is my wife also?

FIXED
MikeBz
Rising Star

"Yes I am" a PlusNet member... so by inference is my wife also?

I'm trying to ask a simple question but seem to be unable to put it in a simple way...

Looking at the SIM Only mobile deals, obviously if I select "Yes I am" a PlusNet member the deals are better.  We have PN broadband at home (just upgraded from ADLS to Fibre Extra, new 18 month contract), it is in my name and debits my bank account. If my wife wants to get a PN SIM for her mobile can she get the "Yes I am a member" deals or does it need to effectively be in my name and be lumped in with the Broadband account?    

5 REPLIES 5
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: "Yes I am" a PlusNet member... so by inference is my wife also?

I have a feeling that its done by household with a maximum number of sims being allowed to be given to any single household (like a sim for yourself, partner and others living at the address) so everyone can get the benefits if you have plusnet broadband. One of the Mobile CS agents will be able to confirm this for you though Smiley

I think the info in the below link has the info you are looking for though..

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-terms/#serviceTerms (section 24.1)

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MikeBz
Rising Star

Thanks for the link to the T&Cs, as you say 24.1 at least alludes to it without being very specific.  If any CS agent picks this up it would be good to have a definitive answer, including whether the SIM contract payments have to come from the same bank account as the broadband payments.

Here: https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/existing-customer-offer/ it says:

• Mates Rates are available to existing Plusnet residential customers taking either: Plusnet home phone, broadband or both broadband and home phone.

But it doesn't define what an "existing Plusnet residential customer" is.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@RebekaPreston - can you confirm?

I will make a note to talk to someone to make this a bit clearer in the various areas of our sites because I agree with you that it isn't all that clear.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Fix

I'll step in for Rebeka who's unable to respond for the moment. Smiley

Firstly, good morning Mike, glad to see you'd like to sign up with our Mobile tariffs!

The way it works is that those Mates Rates tariff deals need the Broadband account holder to have the same name as the Mobile account holder. That said, you can have up to 5 Mobile accounts in your name. Smiley

Additionally, after a Mobile account goes live, you can get in touch with us to set-up a different person as a full-access nominee on an account, giving that person much of the control of it.

The Direct Debit bank account for a new SIM does have to be registered to the named account holder, 'though, but the bank account itself can be different. What's more, once a Mobile account goes live, you can change the Direct Debit information completely, including, for instance, to the new nominee's bank account.

So, when you order, the named account holder has to match up for bank, Broadband and Mobile accounts, but after ordering is complete, you can add another nominated controller and an entirely different bank account to a Mobile account.

Hope that clarifies your options for you, and thanks for getting in touch as I'm sure it's a question many would like the answer to. Smiley

MikeBz
Rising Star

That's all very clear & detailed, thankyou Marc.