Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Mobile Phone

HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: EE Mobile Phone

Yes, TalkMobile use the Vodaphone network (I've just left them in favour of Plusnet as I got no signal at home)

denwyn
Rising Star

Phone connection switched on this morning, signal strength seems about same at home as O2, which is a but disappointing, see how it goes elsewhere. Just got to sort out how to give them PAC Code.
denwyn
Rising Star

So I gave in and decided to give it a go till January, will give it chance to see if signal is ok, lots of traveling in next few weeks. Can't transfer number at moment it's to early apparently. Told to try again tomorrow..grrrrrrrrrr
denwyn
Rising Star

Told yesterday number transfer details not accepted, it's to early to send PAC code etc and to try again today. Tried again  and have now been told original transfer  done yesterday is now going through and no need to try again.....Sort of makes me wonder what the hells going on. Stuck with it for 30 days now. Big mistake I think.

denwyn
Rising Star

What sort of routine is there with transferring number, my old Tesco number has stopped working now, I can make calls with the Plusnet card now but not receive any, just get msg number not recognised. Signal strength on mobile phone screen has small icon above it, don't think it was there before. Never switched number before, I would have thought if I could make calls then I should receive them. Is this a balls up with Plusnet

HangTen
Rising Star

I'm in the same situation, however I assume this is the "bit of disruption" referred to in the email I received, i.e.
"You might experience a bit of disruption to your service on the day your number's transferred, but this shouldn't last too long."
I think it's been around 4 hours for me so far - I'll give it till first thing tomorrow and if it's not working properly by then, I'll give customer services a call.

denwyn
Rising Star

Your lucky you got an email, I've had nothing at all. I'll give it till tomorrow, it's not helpful though as my old Tesco card is now switched off. Not at all impressed with Plusnet mobile so far, no one seems to know what's going on.

RJM
Rising Star

You will need to "port" your number over to Plusnet to be able to receive calls to your (Tesco) number.

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/moving-phone-number/

HangTen
Rising Star

I just tested mine again (called my mobile from the landline) and my transferred number is now live on my Plusnet SIM ... happy days Cheesy

denwyn
Rising Star

HAD ENOUGH..Phone signal awful since 2pm, won't accept in calls, very hit and miss on making calls, just keeps dropping signal.Just called Plusnet on 500, told this was normal when porting over number, and halfway through it dropped signal AGAIN.  I had to call back on landline, at least chap I spoke to was helpful, a way I have cancelled, will get refund, and possibly the number I was porting over, but to be fair I think it safer to give that a miss and get new number from whoever I sign up with. I don't think I could trust Plusnet to get it right. I hope they sort the teething troubles out, as the deal offered was excellent, but it all should have run much smoother than this. 

gwokka

has anyone actually tried inserting a plusnet sim into an EE locked phone?  As its £45 to get an iPhone unlocked it would be useful to know

mattymatmatson

If anyone is still interested - tried plusnet SIM in an EE locked iPhone today and no luck, it won't connect to the carrier.