cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register account

Crockett

Cannot register account

Hi

I am a new customer and as yet have been unable to register my account. Why is there not an option to do this on the mobile app. I've tried password reset but it does not recognise my account number, mobile number or any of my information. Normally this is an easy process when you change network, can you help please.

12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Cannot register account

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Accounts/Billing to Mobile.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Crockett, thanks for getting in touch,

Apologies for the issues you're encountering, you won't be able to login to your account until your Sim/Account becomes live. You'll know when it's live as you'll receive a 'Welcome Email' confirmation with all the details required.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I think this needs to be stated in the introductory literature. I have just come here to try and work out why I can't log in to or set up an account. I will activate the SIM and try again!

Crockett

Regardless of adding my new sim card I still had to call customer service. An email was sent to enable me to change my password! All sorted now but seems convoluted for a new customer. Why does plusnet not just have a register an account page
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

agreed

How long does this email take to come @abails0105 

Crockett

Very quickly
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

I mean the one that is supposed to come after SIM activation. It's not here yet. I'll give it another hour before chasing CS but we shouldn't have to do this.

Crockett

The email was with me before my sim, however, the link from that email still did not let me register my account. You should have an account number sent via email. Try this link which was sent to me when I called customer service and use your account number to set up your account and access the app.
https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/ResetPassword.xhtml?code=7f5bef9b-075c-4c87-93b1-21...
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, but that just takes me to the login page and the username / p/w is populated with my broadband account details. The emails I have received also contain links that take me to the same page so it is no good without some kind of temporary p/w which I presume the email @abails0105  refers to will contain.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

I have the account number and mobile number but no temp p/w to enable me to log in. I guess I could go through the forgotten p/w link but this is a bit of a faff and should not be necessary.

Crockett

It must be a customer specific email, sorry. If you have your sim try calling them and they will send a email. All the emails sent to me had the same link which did not let me register the one sent after the customer service call did.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Went through forgot p/w and did it that way. Reset email and text came within secconds. Thanks anyway.