cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Password

fwo778

Account Password

When clicking on the link for the password on the Welcome message from Plusnet I keep getting the URL has expired this has happened twice after customer service sent a new Welcome message each time was wondering if anyone has been experiencing the same problem
11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Account Password

Welcome to the community forums @fwo778

@fwo778 wrote:
When clicking on the link for the password on the Welcome message from Plusnet

I'm not sure what link you're referring to in the Welcome email. Is this regarding a mobile order?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fwo778

The link to set up a password so I can see my account
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

A password for a home phone and broadband account would be set during the signup process.

As per my previous response, please could you confirm if this is regarding a mobile sim order?

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fwo778

Yes it's a mobile sim account
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @fwo778

Thanks for getting in touch. The URL will expire within 24 hours after the initial Welcome Email has been sent. 

If you'd like to drop me a PM with your account details, I can generate a new password for you; which again you'll receive via e-mail. Once you've logged in with the randomly generated password, you'll be able to change it to something more suitable for yourself. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, but I'll ensure this is sorted for you. -Ashleigh

JeffL

Hi Ashleigh,

I'm having a similar problem except my link to get a My Account password hasn't expired, rather it simply points to http://google.com for some reason so doesn't work.

Can't figure how to PM you since you're shown as anonymous but if you could kindly please do the same for me that would be great

Kind regards
SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi JeffL!

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, Ashleigh has since moved on, however, I will be more than happy to pick this up if you would like to drop me a PM. I'll be able to generate a fresh password reset link for you which should direct you to the correct page.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, however, rest assured I will help you out! -Sean Smiley

JeffL

PM sent thanks

SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JeffL!

I'll pick this up now! -Sean Smiley

scrumpydude

Hi,
Similar problem for me. Didn't realise / notice the link was only valid for 24 hours.
Sean, could you PM me as don't seem able to PM you.
SeanCorri
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scrumpydude!

I'm sorry to hear that! Our password reset links only remain valid for 24 hours for security reasons. We want to protect your account as much as possible, and placing a validity timer on password reset links is one method that we use to acheive this.

In order to send PMs, you'll have to verify your email and then post a public comment on a thread. You should then be able to get in touch with me!

I can see that you have sent me a PM scrumpydude, and i'll be sure to follow this up for you! -Sean Smiley