Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile App Update

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Neal1812 wrote:

@Gandalf: I would trust anything if it comes from someone whose username is Gandalf Grin

Image result for zoidberg paying attention tome

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Gandalf you're are so popular staff here just like the x factor judges Smiley
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

All’s well with the new iOS app and her in doors allowances topped back up to full charge this morning.

Anyone have the Android version yet or have I missed the boat on that one.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Still nothing yet. No android beta app release yet. No email all day. Disappointed to be honest
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

We were informed yesterday at 5:30 that the Android invites were not going out, they've left us and we've been promsed that they'll leave today.

Remember though there's no guarantee that you'll be selected. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

There goes my credibility as Gandalf. Sorry for the delay everyone.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Gandalf this is Android we're talking about.  Even Gandalfs powers are limited when Google are involvedGrin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

I'm lead to believe that the first wave of Android invites is going out as we speak.

Jono H
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@JonoH @Gandalf

Got my app finally at last! LOve it, it look good so far. My app is Android on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Smiley Thanks PN

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Pretty painless install with standard login procedure opting to send the 4 digit code to my phone.

I tried the logout and re-authenticate, sending the 4 digit code to my PC and that worked fine.

Nice tidy layout and I like the conversion of phone numbers to people via my Contacts.

Looking good.

PS I'm an Android user

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
brookheather
Rising Star

I received the email invite for Android a couple of hours ago and I've just installed it.  One point is that on the gmail app the link is not obvious - you have to click on the actual word "link" but it isn't highlighted at all - might be worth making the link more obvious?

The app itself looks good - clean and modern with good performance on my Samsung S8.  No issues so far.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
JonoH
Hero

@goldenfibre wrote:

@ChrisAtBristol app expires in 85 days for beta app (that's would mean PN could push official app around in January 2019 after xmas) if the beta are successful.

I just wanted to let you guys know that this 85 days has nothing to do with the expected launch date of the app, it'll reset with every update that push. The first of these being *hopefully* next week.

Jono H
Neal1812
Hooked

Just installed the Android variant of the app.

Inital impressions (on Android Pie):

• Piece o' cake to register
  • Does not ask for any unreasonable permissions
  • Nice clean interface
  • At-a-glance allowance balance on start Thumbs_Up
  • Good to see the itemised call/text log with contact info Smitten
  • Easy to purchase bolt-on (thanks to the allowances view on the dashboard found out that I only have 12Mb left with 2 days to go)

Wish-list

• Notification when allowances are reach a certain threshold (preferably customisable triggers)
  • Widget showing the allowances
  • Managing smart-cap via app instead of calling the support team

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Another feedback about bolt on. Easy to purchase bolt-on (but does it purchase straight away to add bill on account or will it ask special security pin code to enter before u purchase it) I prefer pin code to buy anything like purchase bolt on or upgrade plan etc just in case if the phone get stolen or lost then someone might open up app and click bolt on to use all these minute, text or data without owner premission billing unknown.

Neal1812
Hooked

Actually all it does is draft a text as per https://www.plus.net/mobile/bolt-ons/

@goldenfibre I agree that a bit more security for such transactions would be better