cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking a screenshot using an iPhone

Being able to take screenshots of your phone is pretty handy.  You can show your friends funky things that your phone has been doing and you can even write tutorials for the Support Library!  That's the main reason why I'm writing this now - I found out earlier today how to take screenshots on my iPhone, which I can then use to write support articles, like this and others and other people may now also be able to do so!
It's actually, extremely simple.  You only need a few things:
- An iPhone
- Two fingers (thumb and index finger work best)
To start with, you need to be on the picture that you want to take a screenshot of and press and hold the home button (that's the one in the bottom centre of your iPhone - the round button with a picture of a square) and then press and release the sleep button (the rectangular one at the top right).  Your iPhone screen should flash.
Here's the image I wanted to screenshot
iphone1
Then to find the picture, you'll need to go into the camera roll.  On my iPhone, you can see the camera icon on the top right hand side of my main menu.  Then you just need to select the camera roll as per the image below.
cameraroll
And then you should see your screenshotted picture, just as the below image shows.
iphone3
It's that easy!

0 Thanks
0 Comments