cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service call needed

DavidB4
Hooked

Service call needed

Hi, we are in dire urgent need of help. Our phone line has developed a fault. This means we can't use a phone to contact people. Have tried all the solutions given to no avail. The line is very crackly and we cannot make calls. We are receiving calls in that the phone rings but if we answer we can't hear anything other than crackle and buzzes. Internet is rubbish too. Jumping in and out randomly. We've never had it so bad. So, seeing as we don't have a mobile signal for miles around our home and rely on WiFi calling we're unable to ring anyone. It's only chance I've been able to get on this forum! So, please can we have an engineer visit. We're both disabled so it's getting rather difficult. Thanks. As a final note - people take it for granted but WE CAN'T SEND OR RECEIVE TEXTS.
Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
DavidB4
Hooked

Re: Service call needed

Please can someone book us an engineer call urgently, we can't do it ourselves.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there David, I'm really sorry that there's an issue with your line again and I get why it's so important for you to be contactable and that's currently a big problem due to the line fault and the lack of mobile signal. 

I've just tested your line and it's showing sings of something called a "loop fault" I've raised that with Openreach now and I'll keep you updated as your point of contact. I'm on shift until 17.30 today if you need to get back to me.

We usually receive a response within a 72 hours but I should be able to get a more urgent response by raising a welfare case which I'm going through now. 

So we can prioritise your support in future can you fill out the additional support form here when you can please? https://www.plus.net/help/legal/accessibility/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@DavidB4 Whilst waiting for a staff member to pick this up, given that you have some internet access, you might try raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net

edit: ignore as I see adam has picked it up

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DavidB4
Hooked

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to being able to call people again!
DavidB4
Hooked

I know it's been logged with openreach but is it possible to get the call prioritised? I've filled in with form but I want to emphasise our need for it to be fixed. I have just been discharged from hospital after an operation so need to have the ability to call for help in case of an emergency. I'm really stuck without the landline. Thanks in anticipation and I really hope someone can help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there David, cheers for getting back to us, I understand why it's so important for you to be able to have open lines of communication due to your medical condition and I hope you make a quick recovery by the way. 

Updates show that the issue is due to be resolved by the end of the day tomorrow at the very latest, I'll check again for updates in around 2 hours from now. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DavidB4
Hooked

Nope, not solved by the end of the day tomorrow.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @DavidB4, I am really sorry about this. I have added a reply on the open ticket for you and will add a further message when I've been able to chat with our suppliers for the latest.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team