cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really confusing email

Nyxanna
Grafter

Really confusing email

So I switched to Plusnet recently and did not buy any phone service since I don't need it.
Now I have my fibre optics broadband and everything is working fine. I called the old provider O2 today to ask whether the accounts were canceled and she said that my broadband was, but not my landline. So she told me she'll cancel it for me asap. I thought that's great.
And a few hours later I received this email from plusnet saying that I am moving away from plusnet to another provider. What is this? O2 surely has no power over my landline with plusnet so how would she cancel my line with plusnet? I told her that I didn't purchase any landline with plusnet. I hope this is just a stupid computer generated message with no meaning.
---
A reminder about moving your Home Phone from Plusnet
This is a reminder about your recent request to move your phone line and call plan to another company.
We're really sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. We're treating this as a request to end your telephone service agreement with us.
So before your telephone service moves, there are some things you may need to consider:
•  Possible cancellation costs if you're still in contract with us
•  You may need to arrange for your Plusnet account to be closed
•  Potential loss of your broadband service with us
•  Loss of your Plusnet email address if you have one
•  Potential loss of other services you have with us such as caller display, call barring and voicemail
Just one call
To discuss any of the above, or any concerns you may have, just call us on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
This move will affect:
You don't need to do anything to continue with moving your telephone service. You service will move on 20/05/2013, unless you've asked for a later date or you've already cancelled your order. You shouldn't have any interruptions to your telephone service.
If you wish to cancel this order, please contact us at least 3 working days before it's due to complete to allow us enough time to stop the order for you.
If you're aware of this order and you're still planning to move your service we'd like to thank you for choosing Plusnet and we hope that you'll consider us again in the future.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net/
Email ref: E1010
7 REPLIES 7
Vip3r
Grafter

Re: Really confusing email

Nyxanna welcome to plusnet,
Unfortunately you must have a working landline in order to receive an internet service (either adsl of fibre), so as it stands if you do nothing I think you will find your internet will be disconnected shortly, this is going to be a bit of an issue for you to get sorted. You will need to purchase a landline with somebody, if you are happy to do this with plusnet then give them a ring ASAP and explain the situation.
I'm sure others will reply tomorrow with more advice, and from those that have had first hand experience of this problem
Nyxanna
Grafter

This is seriously annoying. I thought you could have fibre optics without. I really hope plusnet can simply take over the line right away without me having to sit without connection for a whole day.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Nyxanna,
I have just checked your account and your previous provider has placed a cease on the line.
If this goes through the phone line is cancelled and it will also remove the broadband service as this is provided as an "add-on" service on top of the phone line.
The best thing to do would be to contact O2 and ask them to cancel the cease, this will allow your services to continue running. When this cease is cancelled we can then take over the phone from O2 which can be initiated by selecting the product change option in the member centre.
If the cease is not cancelled we would need to place new orders for the broadband and phone and will result in some time without an internet connection. As it is fibre you have this downtime could potentially be a couple of weeks as it has to go through the whole provide process again.
Thanks,
Scott
Nyxanna
Grafter

I just had a call and they are unable to stop the cease since they can only provide broadband and phone together and it's too late to stop the cancellation.
I guess that's it for me then. What will happen now?
I just had a call with plusnet and I have to wait for the service to cease to call again so they can start using the line and he also said it will take weeks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You could ask them if they'll cancel it if you immediately place a line transfer? Unfortunately we can't do that whilst the cease is on the line, but as soon as it's clear we can get it placed. That might be worth a go?
Nyxanna
Grafter

So now my new phone line is up and running.
Today I got a message saying that I have an engineer appointment for Thursday next week and I don't know why. In the first call I was told that I would not require another engineer appointment and that they would simply turn the fibre service back on once my phone line is up.
So I called and asked whether it was a mistake and apparently it was not. I was told that I still needed an engineer to visit even though I had one last week already and even though the service was working fine up to a few days ago. Then I asked why and I was simply told that the engineer needs to check that everything is fine which makes no sense. Why do I need so long just so the engineer can check again even though someone was here just one week ago? Then I asked whether they could simply turn the service on earlier since I am sure it would work before the engineer came by and that's not possible without the engineer checking in first. I only assume that I am also going to get charged for this even though there is nothing new the engineer will do. I have the BT box, Plusnet router and everything else.
Is there really need for this?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
At present, yes I'm afraid there is as the service isn't currently working. If this remains the case up to the 30th then it'll be down to the engineer to get it working.
However, if it springs to life at some point before the 30th then we'll be able to cancel the engineer visit and get the order closed off without it Smiley
Certainly hope the latter happens, please let us know if you're able to get online and we'll get the order closed for you.