Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Placing on hold for ERT”

FIXED
UlsterSam
Dabbler

“Placing on hold for ERT”

I’ve had a fault on my landline for way too long. I’ve got no dial tone.
They began by saying via this bit thing there was nothing wrong and it was my ageing equipment but in fairness my phones were from the ark so, I spent £120 for a shiny set of three Panasonics.

Plugged them in and still the same problem. 
Then I was asked to do the “test”, at this point, I didn’t have an old corded phone so, off to Curry’s again for a £9.99 cheap corded phone to put into the test plug on the inside of the main junction.

Did this, and NOTHING.

Ive now reported it AGAIN and now there IS a fault but it’s been “Placing on hold for ERT” it was supposed to be fixed by 10/11/21 (or in other words yesterday) and guess what, absolutely [-Censored-] all.

Now, I have leukaemia, I need this line fixed as I never know when my Oncologist from the hospital will ring, and they, plus Pharmaxo, who deliver my chemotherapy ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ring on the land line, never on the mobile.

My other gripe is this, since the start of my contract last January, I’ve never had “Caller ID” or “PlusNet Protect” even though they are currently marked as being active.

Now usually, I’m quite an easy going guy but, I’m starting to come to the end of my tether on this one.

So PlusNet and OpenReach, just hurry up and fix it  you’re quick enough when you want your [-Censored-] money every month. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter and innapropriate language edited as per Forum rules.
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.
12 REPLIES 12
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: “Placing on hold for ERT”

Thanks for your post @UlsterSam

I'm really sorry for the time you've been without a landline phone. 

I've tried to call you just now but I was having some technical problems with my headset, and I understand you rang back on the number I called you from, and spoke to one of my colleagues sat next to me. 

Looking through what's happened, I can see you initially text us to report a fault and we automatically raised it to Openreach, but due to engineer availability in your area, an engineer didn't pick the job up until this morning.

We then got in touch with you and as the engineer's work hadn't fixed the problem, we booked the engineer visit, and increased what's known as the care level to put more priority on the job due to your health issues.

I've gone further and submitted an emergency welfare case to try to get an engineer out even quicker and I'll call you back as soon as I know more either today or tomorrow at the latest as I'm taking personal ownership of your complaint.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
UlsterSam
Dabbler

The phone line is now working, sort of, I still have no Caller ID, Voice mail, or PlusNet Call Protect.

Someone was supposed to call me before 18:00 but, of course, this hasn’t happened.

UlsterSam
Dabbler

When I dial #234# I get the message "the service requested is not available".

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @UlsterSam 

I'm glad to see your phone's now working.

I'm really sorry there seems to have been a misunderstanding, as I said I'd call you again before 8pm.

Not to worry though I'll still call and I'll give you a ring at about 6:30pm. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
UlsterSam
Dabbler

Apologies, I thought it was 18:00. 

I can confirm, the Voicemail is now working as is Caller Protect but still NO Caller ID

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not a problem and thanks for your time on the phone tonight @UlsterSam it was good to speak with you again. Smiley

I'm happy to hear Voicemail and Call Protect's also now working. I'm turning off caller display from our suppliers side and I'll turn it back on afterwards, which should hopefully kick things back into place and make that start working again. 

I'll call you back tomorrow as this may take around 24 hours. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
UlsterSam
Dabbler

Spot on.

Thanks for all your help, speak to you tomorrow, hopefully with a problem solved.

Regards

Sam
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all Sam, aye we'll speak tomorrow, have a good night in the meantime Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
UlsterSam
Dabbler

Just to say “thank you” my Caller ID is now working perfectly.

Now, come on PlusNet can you offer me a “deal” like something I have now which will allow me to stay?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks once again for your time on the phone Sam, it was genuinely good to speak with you.

I'm glad to hear your caller display is now working which was the last piece of the puzzle, so to speak.

I've arranged for somebody from our sales & retentions team to call you back to discuss renewing with us. They should be calling you soon which could be today though due to the weekend it may be next week.

If you have further issues or there's absolutely anything else you'd need help with, feel free to let me know. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
UlsterSam
Dabbler

Pleasure to do “business” with you. The idea of having to look for a new contract with another company is daunting, my idea is, if you’re happy, why move. Let’s see what can be sorted.

Thank you again.

Regards

Sam
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all. Sounds good, I totally agree, and I'm sure we can offer a good deal for you Smiley

Cheers,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet