cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - cannot make outgoing calls

needhelp
Hooked

Help - cannot make outgoing calls

Plus net contact us says if there is a problem call them on an 0800 number. But my problem is that I can no longer make outgoing calls. How can I get their attention. It also suggests sending a text message to them - great idea - if I had a mobile phone.

How do I get in contact with them to report the errors that i cannot get in contact with them.

13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Help - cannot make outgoing calls

@needhelp Now you have posted here, hopefully one of the Help Team will pick this up for you. Do you have any tones on your phone at all?

John
needhelp
Hooked

I can receive incoming but not make outgoing. I can dial a number and it then just clocks up time in total silience.

needhelp
Hooked

They give great instructions as to how to check the line.

Unplug everything and plug in a corded phone. Great idea except I don't have a corded phone.

Text them - except I don't have a mobile phone.

They could have added "talk to the chat line" - except there is no chat line.

They could have added "send an email to the support link" - except there is no such email address which I can find.

Help

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You could pick up a cheap corded phone from a DIY store or supermarket.

jab1
Legend

@Mustrum The OP could, but I doubt they will - or they could just wait for the HT, as  suggested.

John
needhelp
Hooked

Has this latest comment been posted to the wrong thread - cause I do not understand what is being said OP? HT/

jab1
Legend

No correct thread, but OP = Original Poster HT = Help Team.

John
needhelp
Hooked

Thanks - the shorthand jargon left me completely flummoxed.

I will drive to town to purchase one when the car returns. (Why have only one problem when with a bit of work you can have many !)

needhelp
Hooked

As I said,why have only one problem when you can have more.

Car came back.

Took car into town to Asda. Bought corded landline phone after checking the tamper seal was intact.

Opened box - no wires i.e. no wire to connect handset to base and no wire to connect base to the socket (as shown on box)

Back in car, back to Asda. "Would you like another one?" "Oddly enough, yes."

Went to shelf brought back to refunds another box of the same phone. Gues what - only one wire in this box.

"Sorry sir we do not have any others in stock."

Refund received. Back in car further into town to Argos.

They no longer have catalogues - just automated machines where you have to guess where they might be hiding things like phones.

Assistant helps me. Corded phone? yes please. Machine shows me a picture of a corded phone - just the kind of thing I'm looking for.

"Sorry sir - not in stock. But you could have this one" as he points to a monstrous phone with buttons you could see from the car park.

But a little further down another simple corded phone.

Make purchase. Drive home, Plug it in - guess what - NO DIAL TONE.

So I still can't phone them to say I have a problem becuae the problem is I can't phone them.

Perhaps a glass of **** is called for.

Assiste

jab1
Legend

OK, as the Help Team haven't picked this up today (they might do tomorrow) I was going to make a suggestion, but it looks like in their wisdom PN have decided to remove the ability to run your own test via their system. 😠😕

John
needhelp
Hooked

Hi

After much digging I found the test your line option on their website, did the test and YES there is a problem (actually I was aware of that already.)

And the problem is in the network - not here at home. So I'll just sit back and wait (within 1 to 3 days they hope to fix it - I hope so too.)

So thanks for suggesting that there was such a facility and, yes, it is still there but not very easy to find.

Now to relax with some well earned rum and lime.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Before you relax too much, do have a look in the member centre to make sure a fault ticket has been created - you hopefully will have an email if one has been done?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @needhelp,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience yesterday. I've had a look over the account this morning just to make sure everything is as it should be and I can confirm that there has been a fault ticket logged. For reference, you can find this here. Please let us know how the investigation goes and if you require any further assistance, as we'll be more than happy to help out wherever we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team