Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead Cable Issue

itlity
Grafter

Overhead Cable Issue

Hi Community,

Looking for some advice re. the way to handle the situation.

Our phone overhead cable from the pole to our house is entangled in trees. The trees are just outside the fence of our property -not falling into our responsibility re. trimming though we do some. After the end-of-2021 storms one of tress started to push down on the overhead cable, over the last week-end it got worse: the cable is no longer fixed on the house wall, just flying loose at 2 m high or about.

I still have my landline -and Internet- working OK but I suspect the next serious storm will see the tree falling and bringing down the cable. I don't think the max sag would be enough to have the cable to the level of a coach/bus roof, but as the last pole is across the road that worries me.  

I dropped a text message on PlusNet support line to investigate a fault which does not exist yet, that led to nothing as expected.

What's the process to have someone from OpenReach coming over to survey the issue and arrange the tree trimming?

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Overhead Cable Issue

@itlity 

I believe you can report it direct to OpenReach yourself.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

Brian

itlity
Grafter

Many thanks for the reply and link.

Patrice

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Patrice,

Let me know how that goes as I can raise a "Damage Report Overhead" our side if Openreach can't help you directly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
itlity
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

Many thanks for the offer.

I have now a job reference number and they're supposed to come over within the next 48 hours. I guess they'll only make note they need their subcontractor to trim the trees before fixing the cable issue. But at least there is a momentum,

Will update if there is nothing happening or when it's fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem and sounds like a plan!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet