cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-numbering a landline still possible with Plusnet?

Jorvik
Grafter

Re-numbering a landline still possible with Plusnet?

Hi, I'd just like confirmation that it remains possible to re-number a Plusnet home phone landline?

In the Plusnet price guide for residential products, under Connection charges and other charges for Plusnet Phone services there is an entry for "Re-number" at a cost of £36.63. I'd just like to double-check that this facility remains available.

Obviously when you take out a new service - and are not porting-in an old number - you get allocated a new telephone number at random. All perfectly normal.

However a few years ago on moving to a new place, we discovered our newly allocated telephone number was very similar to that of a local pizza establishment - meaning we got a lot of misdialled calls from hungry folk wanting their dough-based delivery... (Plus sometime later we discovered that a few years previously a supposedly small batch of leaflets had been printed and stuffed through letterboxes showing the wrong phone number... our number!)

Stupidly we perservered with keeping our landline number, instead of doing the sensible thing and requesting a re-number - a mistake that won't be made again!

3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Re-numbering a landline still possible with Plusnet?

@Jorvik 

Yes, there was a similar case to yours not long ago, where a member of the PN Help Team posted a reply and it got sorted.

One of them will no doubt be along shortly to assist.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Jorvik
Grafter

Thanks. I should probably clarify - we haven't yet taken out the new service, as we haven't actually moved yet! However I'd just like to know that we will be able to nip an admittedly highly-unlikely problem in the bud, should it strike again!

(Like most people, we make much less use of our landline these days - but nonetheless I do still like to have one.)

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Jorvik, thanks for getting in touch. Just to confirm, re-numbering a line is still possible Smiley

Should you need any support when it comes to it, just let us know and we are happy to help!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team