cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance calls from abroad

FIXED
Paulc156

Nuisance calls from abroad

I'm getting daily calls around same time from scammers identifying themselves as BT Openreach. It's 0091 numbers. So from India but the last few digits of number always vary.
I believe that I can prevent ALL international incoming calls?
1. How exactly?
2. Can I then specifically allow calls from 2 people known to me from Australian mobile numbers?
3. How?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Nuisance calls from abroad

Fix

@Paulc156 

I attach a pdf file which explains the options in Plusnet's 1572 call blocking system which, if not already enabled on your account, can be done via the Member Centre > Phone>Phone Control Panel>Add or Remove Call Features.

The numbers in the columns refer to the key press on your phone required to get to that menu / submenu / feature. E.G., to bar all international calls press 4, then 3, then 4 (with a subsequent 1 to toggle between on and off); to add a VIP (whitelist) number press 4, press 4, press 2 and, if the number is correct, press 1.

Hope that helps.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Paulc156,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been receiving these calls. Has @jgb's post been helpful? If you still have any queries or issues, please don't hesitate to give us a shout and we'll be happy to help wherever we can Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Paulc156

Thanks. I'll check that out.
Paulc156

When I just tried to access by 1572 recorded message stated "this service cannot be connected". Tried a few times. I signed up for it online on Saturday. I just checked my account and it says 'Plusnet Protect (Included)'. So I have no clue what's wrong.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Paulc156

Thanks a lot for reaching out. Weirdly, despite you adding Plusnet Call Protect, our automated system was unable to place the orders to enable it's features onto your line. I've just processed this manually though and it should be up and running within the next 4 hours or so.

Give us a shout if you have any further questions at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Paulc156

All ok now. Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cool. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet