cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Connection Charges

kit

Non Connection Charges

Are you aware that you are charged for ringing a mobile from your landline even if you don't connect!!!!
We have a plunet anytime phone plan and was just browsing through our phone bill and noticed that we had been charged £2.88 and when I checked they were all to my husbands mobile and 1 to mine. My husband has a habit of ringing his mobile when he can't find it as he knows Huh it won't connect as we both have our answermachine switched off. When I rang billing I was told that you are charged 1min billing which in this case is 27p the minute you dial a mobile even if it doesn't connect Shocked I haven't cheched back and I must admit I don't check very often but it does make me wonder what other charges are being added that we are not aware of Roll_eyes I have looked in the pricing plan  and it does not tell you that you will be charged even if you do not make a connection, which I find shocking.So for all of you out there who buzz your mobile's to find them ( Like my Hubby!!) think twice Angry
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Non Connection Charges

Hi kit,
Welcome to the forums, apologies you are here under these circumstances.
I think this has been mentioned before, and the point of debate is when the connection is. By our supplier's charges, it's when the phone starts ringing. Apologies for this.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Non Connection Charges

If hubbies phone is Android there's a brilliant app called device manager which does just what he wants. It places his phone on a map and will ring it over the internet so he can find it. It will also wipe it of personal details if stolen.  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra