Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver Ending.

FIXED
ManicOrganic
Grafter

Line Rental Saver Ending.

Just been informed our LRS will end in a couple of days. Do we need to do anything or will the new monthly cost just be added to our bill?

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Line Rental Saver Ending.

Fix

@ManicOrganic 

No action is required, the monthly bill will be increased automatically to include line rental.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bojang1
Grafter

It's a shame they're stopping this although most ISP's stopped LRS years ago.

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

All very well but what do they put the price up to? My current equivalent deal would be £21.95 with no mention of a line rental element? Only a few days to go and not heard anything yet.

ManicOrganic
Grafter

Hi, I'm not sure what the saving was, probably not much but better than nothing. At least the change over was trouble free apart from a couple of vague emails on the subject. Thankfully this community was here to help.. Best thing about plusnet tho can't fault them on reliability either. Just not particularly generous to long term customers.

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@ManicOrganic wrote:Just not particularly generous to long term customers.

The default position seems to be that when LRS ends you just get line rental added to whatever rate you are paying for broadband.

I decided to take the bull by the horns and give customer services a call!  After a short converstation we agreed a new contract and a new router at what I would describe as a very good price.  If I have any internet problem it is the poor quality of the phone lines where I live which is out of PN control.

If any PN officials read this the phone was answered quickly , politely and the two staff I spoke to were a credit to the company. I really diid feel like a valued customer and the router arrived this morning. Please give them my thanks as they cannot be named here.

ManicOrganic
Grafter

That's good to know. The thought did cross my mind but didn't act on it. Customer service does seem to have got better over the past few years.. Would agree with that. The money they rake in on 'rental' on these years old phones lines must be phenomenal. I don't suppose plusnet get to see much of it.. Just in and out of the account i'd imagine.

Surfer
Grafter

We are in an 18 month contract with Plusnet for phone and fibre broadband which finishes in Feb 2023.  Apparently we will no longer be able to pay annually for our line rental upfront and this is one of the reasons or incentives why we stayed with Plusnet.  

It is more the convenience of keeping down monthly costs over the year and not really the discount.  At present we pay on average £21.95 a month for broadband and unlimited calls however line rental will push this up to about £40 a month.  Unfortunately as we live in a rural area with very poor mobile reception we have no choice except to keep the landline.

I am not sure if this change to annual line rental would allow us to move to another supplier without penalty with perhaps a lower price as I don't think we can move the landline only to another supplier? Can anyone advise?  Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Surfer

I'm sorry to see you're thinking of leaving us.

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to waive termination fees, because you'd still have to pay line rental whether monthly or annually (with that small discount), and line rental saver wasn't part of the broadband & phone contract per se. 

It was a service we offered to pay your line rental upfront to save some money over 12 months. 

Let me know if you've got any further queries and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ManicOrganic
Grafter

It was a nice option to have and it's a shame it's gone. The problem is if you go somewhere else the cost will only be the same. On the whole we stick with plusnet as they've been reliable over the years and value this forum highly also. Good luck whatever you do. 

Surfer
Grafter

Apologies for late reply.  We have a caller plan attached to our contract and as we use less than 4 hours talk time we are thinking of dropping it, but unsure if it is part of the contract.

Can we also assume that the landline is not in contract as per your earlier post where you state "and line rental saver wasn't part of the broadband & phone contract per se"?  I am aware of the broadband contract, but what phone contract?

We are considering dumping our landline altogether sometime in the future and using mobile WiFi with unlimited data.  Thanks for any info.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Line rental saver was separate to a broadband & home phone minimum term contract, so if you’re contracted for broadband you’ll also be for home phone as well. 

We don’t offer a broadband only or landline only package though so if you move one away from us, the other would either cease or you’d need to transfer both. 

You can however remove your call plan at any point without incurring a termination fee, which should knock some money off your bills if you don’t use your home phone, and you should be able to do this through the phone tab of your account. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button