cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Fault. Line Checker doesnt work. No Phone. How to contact Plusnet?!

ploads

Line Fault. Line Checker doesnt work. No Phone. How to contact Plusnet?!

Hello,

I have no dial tone. This happens relatively regularly, and is I think normally diagnosed as an earth fault at the exchange.

I've tried running the linecheck but it times out and I get the message "Oops! something wrong. Phone customer services". How am I supposed to do that without a phone? The online chat is "unavailable".

What on earth am I supposed to do in this circumstance? Why is there no facility to contact them by written word? It's ridiculous.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Matt

7 REPLIES 7
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Line Fault. Line Checker doesnt work. No Phone. How to contact Plusnet?!

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

@ploads wrote:

I've tried running the linecheck but it times out and I get the message "Oops! something wrong. Phone customer services"

It really is about time that this problem was fixed.  Roll_eyes

From numerous similar queries to yours, it's likely that despite receiving the "Oops" message, the system has actually recorded your fault and is in the process of handing it to Openreach.

You can check if that's the case by looking at your 'Questions' (tickets) here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Even though the automated line check returns an error it's possible it has actually reported a fault, are any new tickets showing at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search ?

eta: pipped at the post but I only use one hand for typing Cool

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

The tendency for the phone fault checker to cough is known about and a good deal of remedial work has been done on it at the request of the SUs.  As others have indicated, a reported cough may have indeed raised a fault report.  I'll add this instance to the SU citation list.

As for chat, how are you approaching it - via Contact Us or Help & Support?  The Chat service always reports unavailable is accessed via H&S - another item on the SU wish list.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Matt.

Apologies for the error message you received after completing a line test online, and no ticket was automatically raised on your account despite the fault being passed to Openreach last night.

From what I can see an engineer has picked up the job this morning so I'd expect this to be investigated shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toby1525

I'm in same boat can't report fault, I have a pay as you go mobile so when I ring it says a 15 min wait, which would cost so much even if 0800 number, why can't we report on line is there so many faults they can't cope? Looks like I'm back to bt when contract finishes.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@toby1525

Welcome to the forums.

All UK mobile providers must (by law) provide free access to UK 0800 numbers. This has been the case for the past 3 years now. I would complain to your mobile provider if they are charging you.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @toby1525,

I'm sorry that the online fault checker has returned an error message. I've checked your account and can see that you have now spoken to an advisor and that they have booked an engineer appointment for you. Our faults team will be back in touch after the appointment to check whether the fault is resolved.

As @SpendLessTime has mentioned, calls to 0800 numbers should be free of charge to call from all UK landlines and mobiles. Please speak to your mobile provider if they attempt to charge you for the call.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team