cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Number porting

halbot
Dabbler

Landline Number porting

Hi, I am getting full fibre installed today (from Box broadband, no one else offering it here), so I want to port my number out. 

I understand this will terminate my plusnet account, there may be early contract termination charges etc.

What is the process to request a number port?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

Re: Landline Number porting

If you place an order with a new provider for the number, Plusnet will send you a "Sorry your leaving" email and close your account down after that after the port has taken place (minimum of 10 working days if I remember correctly).  That will detail the Early Termination Charges.  If you'd need to know what those charges are before you start this, you'd need to call the Customer Options Team (COT) on 0800 013 2632.  Make sure you don't cancel with them though, otherwise there may be some downtime with Plusnet cancelling your line and your new provider taking the number, though with recent regulatory changes it should be possible to still keep the number if that happens.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

halbot
Dabbler

Thanks that's very helpful.

I'm moving to it to Microsoft 365 / Teams and thought I had to notify BT/plusnet but seems I just place the port order in Teams admin. 

Thanks again

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

I've never tried porting to Teams before, but it shouldn't differ from other VOIP number porting.  You'll need to complete a form for the port which will go back to Microsoft.  They'll then need to request the port of the number, which will notify Plusnet of your intent to leave (since you can't have a line without a number). 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.