Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Phone Line With Plusnet

FIXED
Dal
Hooked

Keeping Phone Line With Plusnet

Hi Plusnet Team, can I keep my phone connected with Plusnet and cancel my broadband service? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Keeping Phone Line With Plusnet

Fix

Im afraid not. Like most other ISPs Plusnet only offer combined phone & broadband products

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dal
Hooked

Thanks, that’s ashame gives me no choice to move away to use FTTP with VOIP with another provider.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Dal 

As has often been mentioned in other threads, if you want to keep your phone number you can port it to a VoIP company, but the best way to go about it if you don't want a break in Internet service is to get your FTTP up and running first, then port the number.  Porting the number will automatically cease any the line and any DSL service you have on it, but may mean a short overlap time where you're paying for both services until the port/cease takes place.

However, legend has it that the promised PN FTTP service is due to launch anytime soon.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Dal 

As mentioned, rumour has it PlusNet FTTP is due to launch soon. A couple of weeks back a staff Admin member posted that he would be surprised if people couldn't order FTTP in the "very near future" (his italics).

That aside, you can move to BT or EE FTTP free of any contract termination charges - you just need to contact the PlusNet Customer Options Team before placing an order.

Brian

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@bmc wrote:

... you just need to contact the PlusNet Customer Options Team before placing an order.

Brian

Brian,

To be pedantic, to have ETCs waived, COTS need to place the FTTP order with BT/EE, not the user.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Townman 

At least I'm getting better. I now tell people they need to contact PlusNet first - I didn't before!!!

Brian