cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Plusnet

dsw
Grafter

Joining Plusnet

With regards to a rented property, where the landlord has said that the phone account has been transferred to another property, what's the process for getting up and running again with Plusnet? Will a new number have to be issued? The line will obviously still be there connected but the way I see it is it'll have no number as the current provider will close the account to that property. Correct?
4 REPLIES 4
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Joining Plusnet

Can't be of any help here but I'm interested in any answers as my daughter has recently moved into a rented house which has a 'dormant' phone line and she wants an internet connection.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The dormant line will be 'stopped'.  According to the Plusnet price list restarting a stopped line is free so you should be able to order just using the property's address.
nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Ring
0800 432 0080
and have a chat about your options.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Reactivating a stopped line tends to happen in a few hours, as it just needs a number issuing and the line turning on again. It will be a new number, but it's ordered the same way via our site as a new line - but the order just completes a lot faster Smiley