Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it that a line problem ...

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How is it that a line problem ...

Status of the fault has changed to 'Implementing Solution' as of around 14:50 so they should be out and hopefully fixing it at the moment, hope that is the case.
Razer
Grafter

Thank Matt. All I can say now is:
Hurrah! 1) Not expecting any visit, I am glad I was at home, and; 2) glad I am "nosey".  I just heard a man talking outside, so stuck my beak out the window to see an OR van, so I darted out and down the stairs to find the engineer at the door. He'd been pressing my buzzer, which like so many communal entry systems sometimes doesn't work (ha!).
He asked me what I was getting, I gave a brief outline, he stuck his equipment into the socket and said "No, that really doesn't sound good. Well that's definitely not your fault, that's ours, it's outside." At least I got the confirmation of what I already knew.
He was such a cheery chappy, made me smile. Anyway, he said it would be fixed, maybe not tonight, but should be before 9am tomorrow. Here's hoping. He was basically in and out in about two minutes. I kind of think he was very busy.
Razer
Grafter

I shouldn't have been so expectant. It is now 9am and my phone is still not fixed. Though I can now hear a dial tone, there is still severe crackling and any calls to my line simply get dropped, whether I answer the phone or not. Neither does CLID always work. I hope no engineer is sent out today as I won't be in. Either way, I'm fed up.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry the issue is continuing. I've just checked on the fault for you and it's now showing 'Fault associated with common fault'. This means there's an issue affecting your local (or possibly wider) area and once that's been resolved your line should be fine - unfortunately though there's no more information regarding what that is or when it'll be fixed. We'll keep chasing it for you.
Razer
Grafter

Hi Matt,
I've responded to the ticket to say that service is restored on my line, it seems nice and clear now, with normal functioning and consequently my broadband seems also to be functioning normally. Thank you once more to all who have attended to my problem and this thread.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great news, thanks very much for letting us know - really glad it's all been sorted for you.
Anything else we can do at all please pop back and let us know Smiley