Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WoW problems tonight: 13th May.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

WoW problems tonight: 13th May.

Anyone else notice WOW problems around 9:30  tonight?  Some friends of mine on Plusnet connections had dropouts and disconnects at the same time.  Different connections, different cities, problems at the same time?  WOW was working fine for other people, so it's definitely something to do with us!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
6 REPLIES 6
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: WoW problems tonight: 13th May.

I dont play wow but I do play other MMO's and it can be the MMO hosts and only affects some countries.  Anarchy Online is hosted by savvis.net and have always had Issues with Euro ISP's mostly and at times certain cable ISP's in the US.
Simmilar issues with Lotro but less so.
So don't assume it's PNs door it stops at.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Are you all on the same realm Kelly?
If so, I suspect it could be that server throwing a wobbly.
Mine is generally fine, but I've had similar problems on Nordrassil (where I am) at times.
Thankfully, it's not that often.
The other day I got kicked out, then when I logged back in I was falling through the world.
Nice  Shocked

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

All the players on the same realm, but there were non PN players on the same realm unaffected.  It could well be connectivity upstream from PN I guess though.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
zubel
Community Veteran

Yeah, I had a few connectivity issues last night that threw me off over the period of about 45 mins
Dunemaul EU, hosted in Paris 1.
B.
pcriddle
Dabbler

I've noticed over the last few days at about 1830hrs to 1930hrs the connection bit rate drops through the floor although the router states it's connected at 8mb the connection to the wow server is hovering at around 1230b/s which if in an instant just kicks you out. funny thing is though, ping seems ok.
Checked for wireless interlopers by killing the wireless side and going cable connection without change to speed to server.
Phil
JaM3z
Grafter

I had some issues last night around 21:00 GMT with WoW connectivitiy, ping jumping to 2000+ then disconnect right in the middle of thorium hardmode which was a real pain luckily i was in the arena so it wasnt to bad wouldve been a big problem if i was running the gauntlet side, seemed to sort its self out though at about 21:30 GMT but during 21:00-21:30 the game was pretty much unplayable.
As soon as my connection sorted its self out though had no problems and downed thorium on hard mode, also got XT and Flame Leviathan hard modes all in one night, going for hard mode mimiron tonight Cheesy