cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT Type Problems Xbox One.

Lawzy180
Dabbler

Re: NAT Type Problems Xbox One.

Unless there is a way round it to set up Port Forwarding, but when i tried before as i mentioned, when i put in all the port info and press apply it says that i am not allowed to access this content.

Thanks.

Lawzy180
Dabbler

Hi, i've tried doing port forwarding by adding different ports but when i press apply, i get this error message. 'Sorry! You're not allowed to access this content.' Check the photo i attached below. That's the error message i get when i press Apply.Screenshot (1).png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lawzy180 wrote:
could you suggest anything else?

thanks 😀

In a nutshell @Lawzy180, if you’re able to then get yourself a decent router. I have a DrayTek 2925 and my sons can both use their Xbox’s at the same time, we also have 3 PS4s as well and all can be run simultaneously without any issues or lag. All without using UPnP, that I wouldn’t recommend you use due to security issues.

legume
Rising Star

OK, maybe try my other suggestion first.

If that fails then all I know to try is like the instructions in the sticky near the top of this (game) forum.

I wouldn't do exactly what is suggested there, but I see there is mention of entering a password, maybe that will help.

If trying to get upnp to work fails, then post back and I'll make up(!) what I would try next - as I said I don't have a hub zero, so making things up is all I can do 🙂

Lawzy180
Dabbler

Hi, yeah just checked nat type and still lagging on some games. just checked my NAT and its currently on strict. Switching to moderate now and again. I'm currently on a 2704n router. UPNP was already enable when i logged in online to try sort out this NAT Type issue. Following me looking into all this port stuff to try help my nat, i get this error message when i input the different ports and press Apply. (Please check attached photo) . It's telling me that i can't access this content. But i have only just started getting this NAT issue for the past like few months. Had the router for over 4 years and never had any problems with NAT. And it's happening on 3 of our Xbox's in the house. Just giving us constant lag in online games.

Lawzy180
Dabbler

I have tried adding all the different ports and choose the differnt protocols from the drop down box. But i cannot move onto the next step after pressing 'Apply' as i mentioned. It just says i cannot access it.

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Hi again @Lawzy180

So are you saying it worked fine before with this router? If so it may have developed a fault recently.

Most gamers here, in the forums, have their own router rather than the PlusNet supplied one.
It might well be your best course of action to get yourself a different router, you're not tied in to just using the PlusNet one.
Speak up if you need help finding the right one for your internet connection. (ADSL or VDSL)
That's RPM to you!!