cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely high ping on rust?

huntlol
Dabbler

Extremely high ping on rust?

Hello, i don't know if this is the correct place to ask but i get extremely high ping on rust (400-1000) on rust but ONLY on rust . my computer is definitely good enough to run the game as i played 2 months ago with a different ISP. However, ever since i changed my ISP to plusnet its been acting this way and i don't know what to do. On every other game i get between 30-40 ping so i don't know why its happening, i talked to the server admins but its not a server side issue.

31 REPLIES 31
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Extremely high ping on rust?

Btw this is the best place to ask for anything gaming related Tongue You might need to have this checked, i get around 20-25 on rust altho i stopped playing it 1 month ago as it become boring.

Thos pings you talk about are very high even for non eu servers, id have it checked over 

huntlol
Dabbler

i did ask in live chat and did a traceroute but they didn't find anything wrong on their side, agent said it was most likely server related even though i get this sort of lag on all rust servers, whether they are official or community servers.

St3
Aspiring Champion

Actully when i think on 2 weeks ago i was in rust and i was rubberbanding like hell, when i asked the other players in game they said they were fine.. my ping at the time was not high but i was getting some rubberbanding maybe our issues are related ? i never actully thought too much of it because i dont really play it much .. found it boring tbh. Are you on the new network by any chance ? is it worth plusnet giving you a static ip to see if it changes anything ?

huntlol
Dabbler

rubberband, i get 200 ping on most servers that are based in the UK and get ping spikes to 500-1000 also my packet loss is pretty high.

i play many other games and i get 30 ping so i dont know whats going on

St3
Aspiring Champion

You are maybe more affected than me by network issues then, ive just tried rust and my ping is normal 18 - 25 on eu servers.

Plusnet put me on a static ip so maybe if i was on shared again i may have same pings as you, since being on static ip ive not had as much rubberbanding in games.. theres work being done tomorrow so hopefully a fix will come from it otherwise many customers are going to be pished off.

huntlol
Dabbler

well its 7 right now and the forum post said the maintenace should finish at around 5 and im STILL getting 10000 ping on rust on every server but other games like CSGO are fine, still getting high packet loss as well. First month with plusnet and am not impressed.

Boyle

Hey i've looked into this quite a bit myself. here is a post that i've made on steam community to try and get some solutions but still no answers.

Okay i have played this game for a while now, however as of late i have been struck with a huge problem. I can play on any server and not get any ping issues although if i am near anyone or on a highly populated server my ping will spike up to over 12k and leave me with a 2 minute delay period: as you can imagine it is impossible to play a survival game with that kind of delayed response.
I don'r have this issue with any other games nor have i suffered with this form of network error before. I have reinstalled the game, validated cache, changed firewall settings and even tried port forwarding to solve the issue. I have connected to the servers via cmd "tracert" with no ping issues at all, i will put my computer spec below and if anyone has any idea how to fix this please could you let me know.
Thank you
- Boyle

Computer specs:
https://puu.sh/qYtwO/cb543e9153.png

Speed test: ISP: Plus.net
http://puu.sh/qZVA9/cc7b97a929.jpg

Ping in game:
https://puu.sh/qXzdH/b3e8e1c27f.jpg
http://puu.sh/qZWH6/8731b6569f.jpg

I hope this can help, and i hope that some plus.net rep views this. The issue appears to be when connecting to other users, a recent update in rust causes you to only load other players on the server when they get to a certain distance and this is what causes the issue. However the only ISP that seems to have issues with this are plus.net.

-Boyle

*PS - Puu.sh links are screen shots uploaded by a third party program called puush.*

huntlol
Dabbler

yeah i made a steamcommunity post but i got no help, people just saying how i need to upgrade my pc and 1 guy saying plusnet is almost as bad as talktalk, i got no help from there

Bouncer

Someone sent me here, Currently having massive issues with Rust, Myself and a friend are having the same issue, Only common link is Plusnet is both out ISP's. 

Is this what you experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zgESM_63E&feature=youtu.be

LucageArts
Dabbler

I'm also experiencing extremely bad lag when playing Rust. Doesn't happen on any other games.

brokenbiscuits
Dabbler

Yup, same issues here. Using my housemates private BT line to play rust now, with now problems. It's defs Plusnet. What can we do?? 😕
Glassy13
Hooked

Im experiencing the same issues as is my friend, we are both with Plusnet ISP.. please fix this ASAP!

mouthmoth

Same issue here, previous isp was fine; experiencing high lag with choke on the packets. Please help!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I suspect when this problem is fully resolved, the issues you're all seeing will subside - http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1473510341.htm

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵