Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading delay?

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Upgrading delay?

@Anonymous I understand your frustration.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

The BBEU log entry looks to me like an informational message received by the router after successful CHAP authorisation 

@Anonymous I think you're correct. Looking at RFC 1994 (CHAP specification)  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc1994 there is the option for a Message field in the CHAP response.

It seems there are two possible scenarios for FTTC/FTTP authentication, one where authentication completes on the BRAS and the other where username is checked and then an L2TP tunnel is created to the ISP and the ISP completes the authentication. There's a really good diagram on page 10 of SIN 472 ( you can get the SIN's here https://www.bt.com/about/sinet/sins/downloads )

Authentication option one is used where the BRAS can allocate the IP from a local pool (Dynamic IP) without reference to the ISP whereas (certainly in PN's case) option 2 is used for static IP's. It would appear that in some circumstances the CHAP response can contain a message with the BBEU and BRAS sync details. Maybe its only when the BRAS can complete the authentication as in option 1 ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

For what it’s worth I did a search through my old emails relating to the last fault I had, which I found was in 2018. I used this date to search for a closed ticket this month. This ticket included a diagnostic report headed by my BBBEU, which I have copied off.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Out of interest, does this BBEU only apply on FTTP circuits, or do FTTC and ADSL lines also have a BBEU reference number?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

It applies to all services - BBEU = Broadband End User.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Both. However its not needed by a customer on FTTC or ADSL where a phone service also exists. The BTwholesale advanced test can be run using the phone number on these connections, but SoGEA and FTTP connections have no associated phone number, so the BBEU is needed to run the advanced test

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dbgreen  -

Sorry for derailing your topic !,

I wasn't expecting my comment to expand into an off-topic technical discussion !  Embarrassed

I'm glad to see your problem was resolved.  👍