Did you mean: 

Plusnet Full Fibre

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet Full Fibre

@Nibiru wrote:

@Gandalf  While you are checking,  what would be the scenario for me ?

I have Plusnet FTTC (broadband only), but copper landline and calls from another supplier.

Would upgrading my Plusnet FTTC account to FTTP cause a cease on my non-Plusnet copper phone connection ?

Hey all, I'm really sorry, I've just had clarification that this actually would lead to the phone line supplied by the other provider to be ceased. Due to the way we process our FTTP orders, a "change of retailer" cease is triggered against the voice line, as it's currently the way we'd make sure the upgrade completes without cancelling the account.

To keep a landline number while upgrading to FTTP, the only sound advice at this stage is to sit tight, alternatively if you call us on 0800 013 2632 we'll be happy to sign you up to BT or EE, waiving any termination fees.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bond007
Dabbler

Just as confirmation, if I move my PN FTTC account to BT (or EE but that's unlikley) I assume I would still lose my email account - but keep my landline number. 

Also, if I wish to retain the landline number I need  to open a new FTTP account with PN (when/if that option becomes available). Will that account have a new account name attached and in which case won't I lose my email account then as well?

I, like many others, have been waiting for well over 12 months for PN to launch FTTP (OpenReach installation here was last year) and I'm underwhelmed by the initial offering - Sky offer cheaper packages with better facilities and the ability to retain phone numbers.

It must surely be possible to advise longstanding, 20 year+ PN customers like myself just how long we are going to have to wait for the facility to be available whereby we can stay with PN, keep our email addresses and keep our landline numbers. Is that too much to ask?

My FTTC contract runs off next month, I therefore have a rapidly approaching decision to make. If I move to Sky I keep my phone number but lose the email account, if I stay with PN I lose the phone number. Not the sort of decision I expected to have to make to be honest.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @bond007

Currently, if you close your account, you wouldn't be able to keep your Plusnet email address, even if you open a new account with us. Really sorry for the difficult decision. If there's any changes I can share, I'll let people know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bond007
Dabbler

Sorry to appear a bit thick but does that mean that if I upgrade to FTTP when my current contract expires in July I'll lose both my landline number AND my email address? If that's the case there really seems no reason for me to stay, at least not anything that seems obvious.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

No, if you upgrade in July you'll lose your landline number.
If you move to keep your landline number, you'll lose your plusnet email address.

You could probably upgrade now, rather than waiting if you so desire, or wait and see if anything becomes available for the landline number (or not).

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @bond007 if you go to Plusnet FTTP you will lose your telephone number, FTTP and the retention of a telephone number is not something that will be coming soon. I want to be really clear on that for everyone.

I'm not sure though why, you don't think you'd be able to keep your email addresses, that would be fine.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah sorry for the confusion @bond007.

What @dvorak has said is correct. I would like to say that we absolutely do value your loyalty to staying with us for so long. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bond007
Dabbler

My confusion is linked to the idea that I could wait until new FTTP customers are taken by PN, opening a new working FTTP account to allow me to port out my landline number which would then cease my existing FTTC contract but leaving the FTTP working. In that case as I have opened a new account with PN and not upgraded I believe I would lose my current email addresses (which seems to be what Gandalf confirmed)? I guess I would still have the landline though.

I may be just over thinking it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah if you go down that path even though you'd be opening a new account with us, your previous account (which houses your email address) would be closed by exporting your landline number.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@bond007 wrote:

I may be just over thinking it.

No not at all.  Thinking very clearly!

The choices are hard - lose YOUR phone number if you "upgrade" your existing account or (when FTTP is available to "new" users) lose your email (and your referrals).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Clangers
Dabbler

Slightly better offer now for existing customers. Full Fibre 74 for 25.49/month (previously 26.99) on Offer 6. I presume the Full Fibre 145 has dropped also. Free Hub 2 (£6.99 delivery) & installation as before. £25/month is a decent price, still slightly more than what I'm paying for FTTC, but it does give you a more stable, reliable connection.  

SamX
Dabbler

I can confirm with @Clangers . I have received Full Fibre 74 for £25.49 now. FF 145 is £31.99. I have been on FTTP Trial 80/20 (now known as Full Fibre 74) package for several years.

TalkTalk offer cheaper prices (£24.45) for their package that is comparable to FF74. PN FF74 is ~£1 per month higher. I hope they could match this for the existing loyal customers.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Sounds great - all "loyal" customers should be given new customer prices.

However I would suggest it's a simple fact that large numbers of customers need to pay the standard price so a company doesn't go bankrupt. New customer deals are (I suspect) covered by the marketing budget which will dictate what deals are on offer.

Brian

paulspeller
Rising Star

I have a question about the pricing here - on what basis are people being offered different prices?

@Teece wrote:

I was offered:
300/50 - £37.99

500/75 - £41.99

900/115 - £51.99

But when I called up a couple of weeks ago I was offered these higher monthly prices:

300/50 £38.99
500/75 £43.99
900/115 £53.99

Does anyone know why I have to pay £43.99 a month for my 500/75 service that I'm getting installed later this week? It surely can't be longevity of Plusnet custom because I've been with them for 20 years! Why am I apparently being overcharged compared with others?!

mikeeyre68
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

I'm interested in upgrading to FTTP (145down)  from my FTTC (80 down 20 up)

I don't use my landline, Never used it or given my number to anyone but got hundreds of missed calls Cheesy I'll be glad to get shut.

Question: I'm 8 months in to my 18 month renewal. If I upgrade to a 24 month will I get charged for leaving my previous contract early even tho I'll be staying with PN and for longer?

Thank you.

Mike