cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade correct router

rmeilg

Fibre upgrade correct router

Hi, I am about to be upgraded to full fibre. Is the Plusnet Hub Two ok for the upgrade?

Thanks

NEil

5 REPLIES 5
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Fibre upgrade correct router

Yes, that is the router supplied with new FTTP connections.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Yes, just connect the red WAN port to the ONT with the supplied ethernet cable

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bartstope
Grafter

Presumably it’s exactly the same unit that’s provided for FTTC connections too? Reason I ask is that just put an upgrade through myself for FTTP, and although the instructions say do not plug into the broadband port, it does indeed work fine. Just using it in the meantime as my old router was getting a bit dodgy 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@bartstope Exactly the same.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I believe the instructions may have been suggesting you shouldn’t use the broadband port for FTTP but you should for FTTC. When your FTTP service has been installed, you’ll then need to use the red WAN port instead.

This article may help in particular the part about upgrading using an existing hub: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/hub-two/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet