Did you mean: 

FTTP Marketing

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTP Marketing

No problem. Cool, that's a good idea.

Once you've chosen who'll be registering your domains and hosting them for your emails, if you can add the IPSTAG of the registrar(s) alongside the domains to the ticket I've created Here, I can arrange for them to be transferred across.

Just to clarify the bit I said about not offering FTTP for a business account, because reading again, I realise it could be taken the wrong way in that we never will, but I genuinely don't know the plans we have regarding this. 

Also the transfer from a business to residential account onto FTTP would be a lot easier when we can sign up new residential FTTP accounts, so it may be worth holding out for this, rather than go through the workaround. 

Let me know though if you do port your landline number away and I'll make sure the transfer doesn't affect your FTTP.

I can't recommend a domain provider, because I personally don't use a domain for email, but if you create a topic Here maybe some people from the Community can help. 

Finally I agree, it's worth having a chat about offers first, so I'd call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. I'm not part of the sales/retentions department so I don't know what they can offer you. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@ecomergy wrote:

Yes this could get messy very quickly.

One step at a time would seem to be a very sensible option. Separating Domains, phone numbers and Internet provision would also appear a reasonable move in this day and age.

I would give consideration to porting your phone number first. IF the wizard can swing this for you without closing your account then it gives you time to consider both your Domains and your internet provision.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

(recommendations for domain & eMail hosting providers welcome) 

@ecomergy 

I use https://www.ecohosting.co.uk for email and domain registration and also https://www.mythic-beasts.com/hosting for a 2nd email account

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey all, just as a heads up, I'm out of the office (as of pretty much now) until 7th June. Smiley

Have a good long weekend! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf,

It's taken me a long time to prepare to transfer the domains and now that I'm finally ready, that ticket #224906351

appears to have been closed and I can't find a way to start a new one.  I've chosen the new hosting company (NetNerd) and wanted to transfer initially just one domain gwyneddhotelsnowdonia.co.uk to them to test it and if all goes well, then to transfer the rest to them. Can you help with this?

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can help you with the domain transfer, do you have the IPS tag for NetNerd? we'd just need that to get the ball rolling. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Deleted, the post has been picked up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

Their IPSTAG is EASY-INTERNET

Many thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries at all! I've just opened a new ticket for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=227928928 please reply back to that to authorise the transfer then let me know back on here when you have and I'll pick it back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

As requested, I've responded to the ticket. 

Many thanks

ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

Any progress with this?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay, I've raised the task and the domain should be transferred within 3 to 5 working days. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Thanks guys. All went very smoothly. I'll be back to transfer the others in two stages next week. Best to ask here again or somewhere more appropriate? I'm aware this thread is very old now. Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

No worries @ecomergy, just let us know in here once you're ready to transfer the others and we'll be happy to help out Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ecomergy
Rising Star

That's great. I'm ready to do a bunch more

gwyneddhotel.com

gwyneddhotel.co.uk

visitllanberis.co.uk

visitllanberis.com

That should leave two further domains remaining on the account which I'll aim at doing next week assuming all is still going well.

The IPS-Tag for the .co.uk 's will be EASY-INTERNET. I understand I'll need EPP codes for the .com domains.

Thanks