Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Marketing

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: FTTP Marketing

Cool, no problem @ecomergy. Let all be cleansed! Well, apart from your FTTP service, that's being upgraded tomorrow. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning @ecomergy!

The order's completed and I've activated your new account. If you can let me know once you've changed the details in your router, I'll close your business account for you. Let me know if there are any issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf,

All done with the router! I'm now connected via the new account so you can go ahead and close down the old one. Guess this will be my last message as 'ecomergy' now. Kind of emotional lol!

Thanks again for all your work on this. It's all gone so smoothly and much of that is down to you.

Good luck in your new role.

Cheers

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@ecomergy 

Unless I'm missing something your Community id will not change.

Brian

ecomergy
Rising Star

Good shout @bmc. That would be good!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @ecomergy,

Awesome! No worries at all, I'm genuinely happy to have helped you. It's still sort of emotional while flicking the switch on your business account. Just had to make sure I didn't flick the wrong switch and turn the lights off in the office... Cheesy

So the account should be closed within 24 hours, and the final bill will generate within 20 days with a refund of anything you've paid in advance for "a service you've not had" on that account, so it'll basically ensure you haven't paid twice. We'll issue the refund to your bank account, so just make sure to keep that old direct debit active.  

Community forum accounts were linked to broadband accounts back in the day before 2016, but since then they're no longer so closing one of them won't affect the other, and what I'm trying to say is... @bmc is correct. Smiley

If there's ever anything else you need help with, feel free to let me know but otherwise our paths may cross again in the future if I ever decide to visit Llanberis again! 

Cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

If there's ever anything else you need help with,

Well, if you're feeling really helpful, you could always ask Bob (unless you are able to do it?) to assign the router serial to the new account. Then if it's factory reset in future it will configure with the correct account automatically.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah I can do as it's a permission any agent should have. From what I can see though they haven't actually ever had a router from us, but will be receiving one soon on the back of the new account being created. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

@Gandalf I can confirm that I've not had a router from you and that I'm using my own USG. I'll continue to do so as well.

One last thing. I've gone to activate my static IP on the new account and whenever I click to 'Activate Your Static IP' it just goes around in a loop to say 'Current Status :  You are currently using a dynamic IP address'. Perhaps this is a user interface issue and that the account is indeed using the static IP or is it not yet available for use?

Many thanks again for all your help!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ecomergy, cool no worries at all. It looks like something went wrong with activating that IP so I've redone it for you. 

If you can reboot your router you should have a static IP ending in xx.xxx.x4.81. Smiley

I've also added a £5 credit towards your next bill as I suspect you'll see two static IP charges on there. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ecomergy
Rising Star

Looks good to me!

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesomeness Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet