Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC > FTTP Upgrade

FIXED
Sparkrace22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC > FTTP Upgrade

Have been with Plusnet a number of years, even though had a few issues with my broadband 

Decided to upgrade to FTTP as recently put in our area, Have been on chat with Plusnet at various times, and been told will loose my landline, and is that ok?

I mentioned the VOIP service but told that not available, even though I believed the socket is on their router..

Plusnet never mentioned about being able to transfer to BT as I am in contract with Plusnet for broadband & phone (another year)

I rang options team, and decided to upgrade to FTTP, speed 300Mbps, The  guy said I will loose landline, and we don't do VOIP- whatever that is

As we have mobiles, thought, we would just use them as we have so many scam calls

My FTTP was activated Friday 18/11, the speed is up & down which I accept as a new line for now, But to my surprise my landline is still active!! - Not that I used it, as it mentions costs

Today I log into my broadband account, its showing my FTTP 300mbps service, then a list of options available to include

Edit Broadband package

Change Call Features, ie standard call features, 2 for £3------ No idea what this is all about

Change Add Ons-- Norton etc

To  me it is possible to have a landline, unless Plusnet have not pulled the plug yet. 

Just wondered if I will end up being billed again for the landline?

Anybody know the reason why VOIP is not available when BT & Sky customers have it, surely Plusnet will loose custom in time

But I also believe by 2025 most people will be on FTTP....

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Sparkrace22,

Sorry for any confusion surrounding this. Just to clarify, we cannot offer landline or VOIP services with our FTTP packages. Any call features currently listed on the account will be removed in due course once the upgrade has completed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparkrace22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you for clarifying this, as I could not understand what was going on, cheers