Concentrator not reachable

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Concentrator not reachable

Thanks ejs,
Kelly,
I refer you to other threads around here which clearly show that some people within PN understand what is going on and have offered graceful methods to resolve.  I have simply being trying to get the 'horse' to the water so that a rational engineer based approach might be offered - clearly it is not in the mood for drinking!
Quote from: http
Wow this is an old thread!
I've seen this before, but on FTTC. I've seen it happen when the PPP client is looking for a remote server to connect to but isn't getting a response.
In the past I've seen this happen when a PPP session is still up but the local end needs to send a termination packet.

Quote from: http
Right... I'm back online. Turns out it was in fact a stale ppp connection. Very frustrating to hear that considering the previous thread. The gentleman I randomly contacted whilst chasing (Reece)  was able to send a termination request and fixed in 3 minutes, that which took 3 weeks. No BT engineers required.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petecov44
Grafter

We recently had this and it was raised as a fault and then the TC Router was reset and all worked.
Nice to know what it is if it happens again - instead of being accused of having a problem with the PC ( where do they get these people from these days) I knew he was talking tripe but let him carry on anyway
martbon

I'm having the same problem. Overnight, I lost connection to the Internet and when I try to connect my technicolor router tells me that "Concentrator not reachable".
I followed the instructions above, but when I issue the command " :ppp ifconfig intf Internet gracefulrestart enabled", I get a response of "gracefulrestart => invalid option". Anyone would happen to know why that is, or what my options are?
I have reset the modem to default config but that hasn't helped. I'm about to contact PlusNet support.
Thank you.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Maybe try putting in the equals signs:
:ppp ifconfig intf=Internet gracefulrestart=enabled
martbon

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've tried:
:ppp ifconfig intf=Internet gracefulrestart=enabled
:ppp ifconfig intf Internet gracefulrestart=enabled
:ppp ifconfig intf=Internet gracefulrestart enabled
and they all result in the response:
Invalid option => gracefulrestart
Unknown Command
My TG582n is running FW version 8.C.M.0, so I wonder if the command is not available in that revision. I will post if I learn anything new.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there
Your connection was stuck on our end so I've had to manually drop it. This will have been stopping you from connecting through to ourselves
Can you try rebooting your router to see if this gets you online?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
martbon

Thank you Mathew! I have just restarted the router and I'm connected.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Looks like gracefulrestart is not present in the version 8 firmware.