Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

@Timalay Yes, if 80/20 were to extend beyond the trial then we would be offering it as a separate offering to our other broadband products.
With regards to general speed issues (obviously I'm bearing in mind the Faraday issues at present) over the next few days I'll take a broader overview of which 80/20 trialists are still reporting speed issues so I can split those down into those just affected by the issue we've posted today about on service status and those who are effected by a profile mis-match at BT's side. Of course you'll remember that some of you were just seeing misleading speed test results by not using the beta tester at http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ so just as a reminder that if you are on 80/20, still cannot achieve speeds above 40mb please use the beta tester as the first port of call
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NRV618
Grafter

@_Adam_Walker_
I still have the same problem, been in the trial for a while now but never seen the light of speeds above 40Mbit, I have already ran several tests and attached the print screens under ticket  #53359989, should I raise another fault ticket.?

Thanks
SpecialD
Rising Star

Quote from: Gareth6
Still down a week later? Damn  Shocked
That does sound very, very similar to what I'm experiencing. I did mention this trial in the support ticket. Have you tried reverting to the old profile?

I asked about that, but it won't necessarily make any difference, I just hope that when they eventually fix it this time it stays fixed, or if it doesn't that they will be a fast track way to getting it looked at as opposed to waiting a further 3 days for BT to have another look at the same fault.
I'd be suprised, but it could possibly be a different issue following my previous issue... even so it's a BT job - there's just no route from the fibre modem to the provider even though the modem sees the DSL circuit.
marka87uk
Dabbler

Quote from: marka87uk
Hi,
I should have been placed onto the 80/20 trial about a week ago but my speeds/profile hasn't changed (I've rebooted the router numerous times but to no avail).
Please can you have a look into this for me? Do I need to raise a ticket?
The results of the BT Speedtest are below - not sure why the download speed is so low, normally I get around 35Mbps on speedtest.net.
Thanks Smiley

I have now raised a ticket - #53738534
mathome
Dabbler

I went on the trial yesterday, the line appears to be upgraded (the upload has gone up).
Just raised a ticket with as much info as I could gather: #53739175
ffox
Pro

It looks as though the packet loss was a by-product of the Faraday problem.  My packet loss has been negligible since 5pm today.  Smiley
krakkenbus

After being on the beta for a day, my download seems to have risen by aprox 10Mbps downstream and 10Mbps upstream, although this is an improvement I was hoping to hit the high 60's downstream but I'm only getting 44.
mathome
Dabbler

This mornings speed tests show no improvement and my IP profile has dropped back to 40/20.
It does seem that using the trial I do get my advertised speeds of 40mb down. Wonder if I can keep it after as it only gives me the same speed as before Smiley
AlanT
Dabbler

Quote from: AlanT
Following this Status Update, I've disconnected/reconnected, so let's await what happens to download speed this evening.

The BT beta speedtester appeared to be broken last night ("System busy..." repeatedly, even up to this morning at 7.30am-ish) so I couldn't check, but all's back to normal now...
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: jelv
[quote=http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1332846515.htm]Peak time speed/performance problems :: Faraday (70844) - NEW
Further investigation suggests that those experiencing problems are being routed via a particular site that we use for broadband provision (Faraday).
<snip>
If you think you are affected by this problem then you may be able to restore normal service by disconnecting and reconnecting. Whilst it's not guaranteed, this may result in your traffic being routed via an alternative site that is not subject to these speed issues.

Is Faraday associated with particular gateways?

No, it's not.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NRV618
Grafter

After several tests and checks I've Just been told the Maximum download speed my line can handle is what I have been getting (34 - 36 Mbit)
Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1700
Description GTC service test completed. Circuit tests OK. No baseline data available for comparison
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 37.2
Upstream Speed 12.6
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
Profile Name 25M-49M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 8M-17M Upstream, Interleaving Off
So I guess I wont be signing up for any higher speed FTTC.  

katie
Grafter

I got this in  my ticket this morning -
Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0004
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found. Please contact voice CP for copper fault.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 47.8
Upstream Speed 11.0
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
Profile Name 30M-60M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 6M-12M Upstream, Interleaving Off
[mremoved] - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
10:21am, Wednesday 28 Mar 2012
Dear Mrs ******,
Thanks for your patience. It would appear that you are currently achieving the highest speeds possible for your line, and that this is due to loss between the cabinet and your premises. If you notice any degradation in your speeds, feel free to get back in contact with us. I apologise for any inconvenience that this fault has caused you.
Kind regards, [mremoved]
It seems that after all the investigations, the highest I will get is 44/10Mbs on the 80/20 product. I will just stay on the 40/2 Mbs when the trial is finished as I was getting 38/1.9 on the 40/2 Mbs product.
Thanks to everyone who has been involved in helping me.
Katie
jim:csa
mathome
Dabbler

Just got the same reply, my lines maxed out at 42mb Sad
No more speeds for me then
AlanT
Dabbler

Everything seems to be working OK  this evening...  Smiley
Gryzor
Grafter

OK what did you do?
My speeds have gone from a flatlining 16mbps to 40+mbps this morning.  I am guessing something was DONE?
Any news PNet staffers?