cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhones and tv keep dropping wi-fi

Plusnotproud
Hooked

iPhones and tv keep dropping wi-fi

My iphones and tv keeps dropping off WiFi signal from HubOne. I logged into the router and found out they are on 5GHz. Is there anything/any settings that I can do to avoid this happening? It is pretty annoying since I have to reset my router every time while that happens. Is there anything wrong with my router? I did hear crouching noise in my router from time to time.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: iPhones and tv keep dropping wi-fi

@Plusnotproud 

Basically the Hub One is a load of junk, consequently many of us get a BT Smarthub 6, which are cheap from an auction site and use that intead.

The first thing to try is separating the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840. Try each band in turn and use the best. If that doesn't work you could join this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/m-p/1696363#M15510

The noise is a feature of some of these hubs. It can be improved if you switch off the 5GHz band.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Plusnotproud
Hooked

Thank you Baldrick1, good and bad to know I am not the only one. The question is if that has been a problem for such a long time affecting so many customers, why plusnet still is sending out Hub One? Do customers deserve a refund because of that? Plusnet really needs to come forward and step up.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Plusnotproud 

I can only guess that being a budget provider they supply a budget hub that meets the needs of most subscibers. They have been promising a firmware uodate for I would guess a year now.

About £20 will solve the problem as previously advised in as far as you can get a quiet hub with better WiFi .

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Plusnotproud
Hooked

Quite agree with you but Plusnet is not the cheapest isp in the market. I think plusnet has the obligation to let the customer know the situation with the router before the customer signs the contract. Not all the customers can spend extra £20 which they are not supposed to spend on top of the monthly fee and go through the problem to reinstall the BT 6 router. Plusnet still needs to refund the customers while that is still remaining a problem for their “proud” customers. Can some customer service people comment on these please?