Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity issues - continued

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: capacity issues - continued

Getting really fed up with it now.
Plusnet - get this bloody fixed or I quit PN for good.
zpeterk
Grafter

Not a good day
AndyH
Grafter

@ zpeterk - What is your usage like? Are you uploading a lot?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And are you using the 2704n router?
Anotherone
Champion

As a more general question, apart from those that posted BQMs yesterday, apart from one other poster, I haven't seen any here in weeks. Is nothing showing up on the BQM?
AndyH
Grafter

No issues here
chrcoluk
Grafter

andy given how low your latency is you are probably near london and as such not traversing dodgy parts of BTw.
With that said tho there has been multiple people who have migrated out to other BTw isp's and they said their issues have been fixed, which suggests something is wrong plusnet side.
Actually i dont think I have ever seen a consumer broadband line with that low latency, I just compared it to a server I have in telehouse, and your latency is about the same.  Unless you live in the datacentre something is fishy about your data.
mlmclaren
Grafter

@AndyH - You are an FTTP customer... so your relevance here may well be irrelevant to the issues FTTC customers are seeing!
I'm sure BTw has separate links for FTTP users to connect through compared to DSL customers.
lf2k
Grafter

Quote from: chrcoluk
andy given how low your latency is you are probably near london and as such not traversing dodgy parts of BTw.

He's on the FTTP trial connected to the Milton Keynes exchange from memory - that exchange has some special significance in terms of the BTW network (can't remember what though).
Given he's on a trial it might be a case that he's not subject to the same gateways and routing the rest of us are?  There's obviously some secret sauce about the trial we're not aware of...
For those that complained earlier up the thread about browsing to certain sites (e.g. Facebook, BBC etc), have you tried the Chrome Data Saver extension? This should handily sidestep some CDNs.
I know people will moan about their privacy and all of that, but it would be interesting to turn it on/off and compare results when plus.net performance isn't the best.  Obviously ABP is another essential in trying to speed up browsing.
I'm not suggesting for a moment that people should have to mitigate any issues themselves, but it might help work out where some of the issues might be.
Anotherone
Champion

Yes, AndyH's connection is on FTTP in Milton Keynes and I thought posting that was totally contemptuous to those users with issues. He knew damn well what I meant by my preceding post. Like others, I'm not amused.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Like AndyH, I'm on FTTP in MK (SMBA exchange).
Unlike Andy, I do suffer from capacity issues (the BNG gateways hate me). Being on FTTP just changes your path to the exchange. Once there you are subject to the same service as any FTTC user, hence my issues on BNG where I cannot stream TV at SD from BBC/ITV/C4/C5 without excessive buffering during peak hours. So have to hop to get onto a AG gateway.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
AndyH
Grafter

@ george - It's very random how we're on the same product and exchange, but get such a different performance. Do you still have packet loss like before?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Currently on ptw-ag02 so service is good.
Last 24 hours TBB QM
Not seeing a lot of lost packets over the last month, but every time I get bumped onto BNG, I still see the degraded service which hopping onto an AG gateway, vanishes.
When on BNG, my speed test at TBB, show both lines are not in sync at any time of the day.  On AG, both lines match even at peak times.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Quote from: AndyH
No issues here

This is cheat! Cos he not using any active! He not using internet and this is why it like this! It's will creep up once you activity on the internet, streaming etc.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: goldenfibre

This is cheat! Cos he not using any active! He not using internet and this is why it like this! It's will creep up once you activity on the internet, streaming etc.

FTTP  Grin Grin
But there's no packet loss showing.