cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity issues - continued

mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: capacity issues - continued

Grin yeah I thought it was... I think he's been banned indefinitely now  Lips_are_sealed
It looks like [Censored], not selling Pulse8 much thats for sure...
I think he's rural, I know he's on a market 1 exchange that has had TT LLU added to it... we had a very long qnd heated discussion about it one night...
He also mentioned that there was a lot of human intervention from Openreach in the area potentially trying to fix a plague of issues as the PCP and ground chambers... 
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: The
Turn's out tonights issue was far worse than I thought.... I've just checked my BQM's!

Ouch... I never get this!  Huh
Congestion  is what that is showing  surprise , surprise , BTW  me thinks is possibly  the culprit better do a TAP3 and report it to tech support via phone  it is their job to take this up with BTW  as they are BT's customer  , but if pn will do enough pushing  of BTW  to get a resolution is a different kettle o fish
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: deathtrap
you couldn't do any serious online gaming on that connection in particular when the host server is located in europe and usa

I've not been able to play online gaming properly on my connection for quiet some time... lots of rubber banding and general lag.
Been through so many different setups and nothing has improved anything
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: deathtrap
Quote from: The
Turn's out tonights issue was far worse than I thought.... I've just checked my BQM's!

Ouch... I never get this!  Huh
Congestion  is what that is showing  surprise , surprise , BTW  me thinks is possibly  the culprit better do a TAP3 and report it to tech support via phone  it is their job to take this up with BTW  as they are BT's customer  , but if pn will do enough pushing  of BTW  to get a resolution is a different kettle o fish

Bollox to it anyway... I've been planning to avoid BTw since the issues with Plusnet began...
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hmmm. Connection bounced in the early hours of Thursday. I didn't notice it at the time and the speed test I happened to run later in the evening was fine. But this evening I noticed bad packet loss from last night so ran another test and it was pretty bad. Variable single thread speed averaging 18Mb/s. Multi thread of course was fine (67Mb/s).
TBBQM:
Disconnect visible at start, apparently successful speed test just before the packet loss started.
Anyway I restarted the router (it doesn't have a disconnect button on its UI) and now everything is back where it should be. So it looks like I'm encountering this issue every two to three months and can fix it in two minutes. Annoying..but not yet enough to make me want to risk committing to a new ISP.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Oh bullocks - should get 45Mbps
You are currently connected to gateway ptw-bng01.
Gateway hop
You are currently connected to gateway ptw-ag01.
Note - the drop in latency was when G.INP was enabled on my cab
Just to add the reported error seconds dropped from 3 to 4 an hour to 1 per hour after the gateway hop
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

To Plusnet Staff
It is clear what the symptoms are here. It is also clear a gateway hop can often resolve the issue. It is crystal clear there is a problem and you really need to be providing an update on what you are doing to resolve this.
I believe you have already acknowledged an issue exists, so I don't think that is up for debate any more.
I think all the contributors to this thread would just appreciate if you would come on and give an honest update. If there is no momentum within the organisation to resolve this issue, please have the courtesy to come on and say so. At least that way customers can make an informed choice as to whether they want to stick with Plusnet.
What is not acceptable is silence on this issue.
We know the forum staff will read this, so please can we have a response?
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Its unlikely.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Well same issues again tonight... very bad... no single stream could keep going for long than a few minutes without a hiccup!
Jumped gateway... 7/8 times... 4 times it just kept pushing me back to PCL-BNG01... finally got it onto PTN-BNG01... see how long that lasts....I suppose..
Issues rectified after the hops BTW, so it was something to do with PTW-BNG01 by the looks of it!
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Had the same issues on PTW-BNG02. Hopped to PCL-BNG02 and a big improvement.
I am not sure how much of it is gateway related versus endpoint related.
sp1ke
Grafter

On PCL-BNG01 here and all ok.
Issues for me in the past have always been on PCL-BNG02.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Gateway was fine all day and all this evening. ptn-bng01 gateway
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Web browsing has ground to a halt here, it's so bad speed tests take two or three go's to complete.
Gateway 195.166.130.166

Gateway 195.166.128.172
Speed test wouldn't complete.
Dropped ppp and had trouble getting a new ppp session.
Gateway 195.166.130.165
TBB speed test failed.

Come on Plusnet, let us know what you're doing about this peak time slowdown.  Undecided
Edit:
The above may have been made worse by a local thunderstorm, shortly after posting the above the power went off.
Thing are not as bad now, just back to the usual Plusnet peak time rubbish.
Gateway ptn-ag04

Gateway 195.166.130.142 (pcl-bng01)

At least the speed test result is now acceptable.
It's 9:30pm: lets see if the above TBB ping graph shows an improvement in packet loss.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yup PCL bng-02  not so good
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=144026963715229731976 ; Hop time methinks  Roll_eyes
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mlmclaren
Grafter

Mines not looking to clever at the moment..but not as bad as the past two nights...

I'm on PTW-BNG01... AGAIN!  Embarrassed I dropped off PTN-BNG earlier today and was then allocated a spot on PCL-AG07... but seems its been thrown out again!
My graphs a bit spikey, with moments of stress but packet loss seems to be to a minimum on TBB... thought that hasn't been the case on other routes unfortunately