cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Connection Issues

annecylachienne

VPN Connection Issues

I have a FTTC connection with Plusnet Unlimited Fibre and a Plusnet Hub One router.

I had difficulty establishing a VPN connection this morning between 9-15am and 10am. The same happened on Friday. Normally this works just fine all day long.

Other connections were work perfectly at the time so there is a good internet connection. Was there an issue perhaps causing the specific issue with VPN?    Support said " the connection has been stable for 7 Days, 1:9:27 (on going) connected to the static IP".    We discussed possible DNS issues but this would not explain it self-correcting at 10am both days. All other PCs worked fine - I could actively access a variety of internet sites from my main PC but from my work PC it could attach to the wireless connection but not set up the VPN connection. Then at 10am it all worked perfectly again - having made no changes either to work PC or to router. (Customer since 2011).

Anyone experienced something similar or have any ideas what was the cause.   Of course it could be at the other end of the connection in the company servers but no-one else internally has reported the issue.

3 REPLIES 3
chrisjohnson

Re: VPN Connection Issues

Are you using PureVPN or other free subscription ?

annecylachienne

It is a full large corporate VPN solution.

plgde

Both are large corporat solutions. Both worked fine and contine to do so on neighbours networks and another plusnet one but not our own connection.