cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre Extra

r4w
Dabbler

Re: Upload speeds on Unlimited Fibre Extra

An engineer came out yesterday to check my line.
I have to say that he was very professional and walked me in all the tests/tentative that he has performed.
After a first test of the line without detecting any particular failure, he decided to change my openreach socket (from MK3 to MK4), he has also checked external wiring and the first exchange on the road.
Wiring is turning a bit black but again tests were fine.
The BT exchange on the road had a bit of water inside according to the engineer, so he tried to seal it better.
Unfortunately these operations helped a bit with the connection stability (I have lost connection 1 time since his intervention), download speed link is at 41Mbit but unfortunately upload is only 5Mbit Sad
I have a statistics of my line (I'm part of SamKnows project) and I have showed to him that my line was doing at least 9Mbit in the past.
I don't honestly know what has been changed, but at least I hope it will stay stable and I have proposed a cabinet port change just as a test.

Until the next chapter..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Since your speeds remain below your estimates, I've sent your fault report back to our suppliers for further investigation. Our faults team will follow up once we have more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
r4w
Dabbler

Thank you @Gandalf, I hope they can fix this!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Fingers crossed!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
r4w
Dabbler

@Gandalf or somebody else, can you please explain to me why my question 156526456 is not visible anymore on your website?
I have checked closed ones too and I can't see it listed anywhere.
I also would like to receive an update regarding it please.