Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed cap

kgk86
Grafter

Upload speed cap

Hi, 

According to the member centre my upload speed should be between 5 and 7mb.

When I moved here it was capped at 2mb and the member centre reported it as such.

Can I now have the upload speed cap removed as per what the member centre currently says please?

Regards

kgk86

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upload speed cap

where in the member centre does it show the expected upload speed

kgk86
Grafter

It actually shows it in the 'product change' sectionpn.PNG

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thank you and that explains it

You are on Unlimited Fibre where the speeds are up to 40/2 and you will only get the higher upload speed on Unlimited Fibre Extra which are up to 80/20

Why it doesn't say 2Mb for the upload on your present package I have absolutely no idea except that it probably pulls the data from the BT DSL Estimate without actually considering that your present package limits it

However the Plusnet system probably won't let you change because of the expected download speed estimate

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you are on a contract for, say, a 40/10 package you are allowed to take that with you when you move house and not get put onto an inferior package just because that's what the current offering is. But PlusNet don't always get that right and you have to remind them. There is another thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Upload-Cut-to-2Mbps/td-p/1364111 where people have reported similar experience and PlusNet have corrected it.