cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

andrewharley

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Ah yes i see i read it thru email ... well will keep an eye on things over the next few days ... mine drops out alot anyway prob 20 times a week at least
jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

hi @bobpullen hub one fully reset via pin hole and all settings configured again now says in log "CWMP: Server URL: https://dbtpnhdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username" which i assume means it working again. Could you push the latest update to my router?

logik

@bobpullen can you help to push the latest update to my router as well? I'm having continuous disconnections when using google drive's backup and sync.

sharon468
Dabbler

@bobpullen I have purchased a BT Home Hub 5 in the hopes of fixing it, now the router just restarts for some reason.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@sharon468, depending on the firmware version/variant, the Home Hub 5 is highly likely to be subject to exactly the same problems being talked about in this thread.

If you'd still like me to push an update to the Plusnet router, then you'll need to reconnect it to the line.

I see you've started a separate thread over here about the BT Hub restarting.

Edit: @jordanc1230 & @logik, I've pushed the update to both of your devices. Your routers will have just rebooted to install it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sharon468
Dabbler

@bobpullen I've reconnected the PlusNet router.
You were right with the BT Home Hub, keeps disconnecting from the internet.
If you could push the firmware update I would be grateful.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@sharon468, that's been done for you now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

itbuckpitt

hi i have been asked to post on here for the request a configuration change for my router from a tt i put in 

Make/model of router : Plusnet one hub

Firmware/software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 

What product/speed you have, e.g. Unlimited Fibre 40/2, 

Device being used to upload from Android Smartphone and Macbook OSX

What it is you're uploading/what service you're using iCloud and Google Drive   
    When the problem first started: started about 3 weeks a go  

if you could please push for the change 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@itbuckpitt:

Firmware/software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2

This is already the most recent firmware iteration.

Looks like you were upgraded early hours of Friday morning. Since then, your connection's only dropped once:

Session Started	        Session Ended	     Session Duration
10:09 04/Aug/2017	N/A	             3 Days, 5:6:0 (on going)
04:13 04/Aug/2017	10:08 04/Aug/2017    5:54:13 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

natskidmore

Hi Bob

Please can you apply the update for me too - I'm having the same disconnection problems since upgrading to Fibre and getting the new Hub One just over a week ago.

Make/model of router : Plusnet hub one

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 Last updated Unknown

What product/speed you have: Unlimited Fibre 40/2, just upgraded

Device being used to upload from: various, incl iPad and MacBook

What it is you're uploading/what service you're using: iCloud, Google Drive, DropBox
When the problem first started: as soon as I upgraded to Fibre, getting PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received] (1 a day on average, but tend to be clustered)

Thanks for your help

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@natskidmore, that's been done for you. Your router will have rebooted to apply the update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Markbusa

Im having the exact same problem so would appreciate a fix being pushed to my router!

richardm111
Dabbler

For the past 3 weeks I have noticed that my broadband keeps on dropping out. It started with my iPad, then my iPhone and now it is haoppening to my wife's iPad. It keeps on asking for username and password (which I know are correct) and will not let me in. Then around 30 minutes later it works again. This now happens regularly, every day in fact.

I do not know what it is other than suspect the router, I see it received an update around 3 weeks ago. Is it possible to reverse the update to the router?

richardm111
Dabbler

It is running - Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 19/07/17

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Markbusa, your router is now upgraded to the latest firmware revision.

@richardm111, reversing the firmware update is likely to wipe any settings you've changed like wifi password/port forwarding rules etc. The router is also likely to reattempt the upgrade at the next available opportunity. Regardless, your line has only dropped twice during the last three weeks or so:

Session Started	        Session Ended	        Session Duration
07:46 10/Aug/2017	N/A	                4 Days, 5:26:59 (on going)
00:09 09/Aug/2017	07:43 10/Aug/2017	One Day, 7:33:58
03:02 21/Jul/2017	00:08 09/Aug/2017	18 Days, 21:5:43

You may find some clues in the router log, I don't think it's related to what's being discussed in this thread though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team