cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@electroban wrote:

Would this fix work for a home hub 5?

Probably, but there's no mechanism of us applying updates to non-Plusnet equipment.

@giloi, rather than push the config update, I've elected to push a full firmware update to your device. This will have caused your router to reboot (sorry if you were in the middle of something!)

This firmware update is what we'll be looking to push out to everybody, so do let me know if you encounter any issues.

@ciderman1, the interim fix has already been applied to your router. it was done back on the 17th March. Regardless, I have just pushed the full firmware update to you too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ciderman1

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Bob, much appreciated, thankyou.

pp

Bob,

Feel free to push the firmware update to my Plusnet Hub One!

Cheers,

Paul

custard777
Hooked

I got the full firmware update today the hub status page has

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@pp, done.
@custard777, highly unlikely to be the router that's the cause of the problem in which case 😕

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

custard777
Hooked

@bobpullen

Thanks for all the help so far I do appreciate it. Smiley

I tried uploading a ~700mb file to onedrive this evening (post update) and a disconnection occurred after about 64mb. I've been able to get it to disconnect consistently by uploading large files.

I've now swapped to using the Openreach modem plugged into the hub one via the WAN port and I've managed to upload over 180mb without any problems.

I'll probably keep it like this for now if it proves to be more stable. My kid was banned from competitive Overwatch because of all the disconnects and I never hear the end of it...

Edit: Successfully upload the whole 694mb file. Haven't had a single disconnect using the Openreach modem.

giloi

@bobpullen this has worked a treat. My Dropbox has been uploading all evening with no issues at all. Thank you very much!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@custard777, don't suppose you fancy sending the router back to Plusnet Towers so I can take a look at it? Happy to reimburse postage costs and send you a replacement.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

ordeology13

Hi,

I noticed I was having issues with my broadband dropping out since a recent update to my Mac a week or so ago to 10.12.5 this did something to the iCloud Drive storage which by the looks of it was trying to sync all my local files to the iCloud Drive. I noticed one file was 3.5gb in size I moved this to the Trash so it wouldn't sync and since doing that my broadband hasn't dropped out for a while. So does Plusnet have issues with large files being synced? 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ordeology13 wrote:

So does Plusnet have issues with large files being synced? 

That's exactly what's being discussed in this thread. It's a problem that affects our Hub One in certain circumstances, and occurs when you're saturating your upstream.

I've pushed a firmware update to your device so it shouldn't happen again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

ordeology13

thanks, thought that is what was happening a few mins ago. 

Will try moving that file back in place and see what happens. 

custard777
Hooked

@bobpullen
I'll try and dig out my other plusnet router tonight and also recheck that i can get the hub one to disconnect by stressing the upload when plugged in directly to the phone line.
If so i'll be happy to send it in.

As of this morning i still hadn't had any disconnects using the open reach box as the modem.
Gail
Dabbler

I was threatened with a fee if the fault would be at my home!!!!!  I'm off  - even Talk Talk was better than this!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gail, sorry to hear you feel that way Sad

Am I to assume you have the same problem (broadband repeatedly disconnecting when uploading)?

If so, happy to push a fix a fix to your router when I'm back in the office tomorrow?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

I don't think the issue being discussed in this thread is related to the drops you're having @Gail

I've replied to your other comment over here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Continually-Dropping-Connection-Plus-net-quot-Hub-One-...

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet